Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Well since this thread is turning me back into a drunk, decided to say screw it and flash CM10. All I'll say is if you have the tools and the know how, don't waste any more of your life waiting on Sprint and HTC to get their crap together. Feels like a new phone!

Couldn't have said it better myself. My wife and i have the same phones except i flashed mine and the only thing said in my house is jealousy. In having a little trouble with my LTE though. said it was supposed to work but i can't seem to get it to connect in the normal locations.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Well since this thread is turning me back into a drunk, decided to say screw it and flash CM10. All I'll say is if you have the tools and the know how, don't waste any more of your life waiting on Sprint and HTC to get their crap together. Feels like a new phone!

Smoke!

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

EVOLTEUsersJB.jpg

WorkforJB.jpg

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

My phone finally freaked out for the last time. Yesterday the screen started flashing real fast on the lock screen. I did absolutely nothing to try to fix it because last time I went to take my phone back it temporarily fixed itself just to spite me. I took it back to best buy and now I have some crappy kyocera slider phone for the week, the screen is way too small, the phone is way too fat and the slider thing drives me nuts. But then I go to make a call or send a text and it just works....Now I have to keep reminding myself that my evo is the "nice" phone and this one is the junker.

Oh and just to top it all off while I'm waiting forever in line guess who's in front of me....another evo owner getting a new phone after less than 2 weeks. Way to be HTC!

If you have any tips with dealing with best buy's warranty hit me up.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I used their warranty (Black Tie) on my daughter's iPhone when she managed to break the front and back by dropping it. It was very quick and painless, although she did whine about the loaner phone she had to use for the two days it took for them to turn around claim. Much better experience than Sprint's TEP, and cheaper too (no deduction).

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyone using the 56009 prl? If so, what is different besides being able to use Verizon 3G?

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

My phone finally freaked out for the last time. Yesterday the screen started flashing real fast on the lock screen. I did absolutely nothing to try to fix it because last time I went to take my phone back it temporarily fixed itself just to spite me. I took it back to best buy and now I have some crappy kyocera slider phone for the week, the screen is way too small, the phone is way too fat and the slider thing drives me nuts. But then I go to make a call or send a text and it just works....Now I have to keep reminding myself that my evo is the "nice" phone and this one is the junker.

Oh and just to top it all off while I'm waiting forever in line guess who's in front of me....another evo owner getting a new phone after less than 2 weeks. Way to be HTC!

Weird. My phone freaked out yesterday and won't power up at all. There is no charging light when plugged in and I have tried every combination of seconds (10 seconds, 60 seconds, 5 minutes, etc.) holding the power button to get it to power back on. Nothing has worked and I am without a phone currently. Waiting on a Sprint repair center to see what they come up with. I am going to be so pissed when they try to give me a refurbished phone.

Just goes to show that if you watch this thread too closely your phone could freak out and die on you. Others in this thread beware.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Thank god, I have Kuato to look out for me. Wouldn't have made it into work this morning if it wasn't for him. Reading this forum is taking its toll on my body.
PN9wk.jpg

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I switched over to cranberry juice two days ago myself it was getting too expensive ,lol

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I've all but decided to flash CM10 when I get my phone back from Best Buy but I'm trying to do my homework now. It looks like there's a stable build that's not too old with some newer nightly builds. Since I probably won't keep up with all of the nightlies I'll most likely stick to the stable for now. But I don't want to rush into it and be one of those guys begging for help on the forums because I didn't know what i was doing. So before I go nuts I want to know

-how to go from bone basic stock to running cm10 with google apps (obvious)
-how to get back to stock if I need/want to
-what are the known issues with CM10? SD card?
-Aside from the sense camera (I can live without it) what else am I giving up? Google wallet?

Any help/links/ or advice is appreciated. I'm reading up on things now so I'm not helpless but I do appreciate people's input

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I've all but decided to flash CM10 when I get my phone back from Best Buy but I'm trying to do my homework now. It looks like there's a stable build that's not too old with some newer nightly builds. Since I probably won't keep up with all of the nightlies I'll most likely stick to the stable for now. But I don't want to rush into it and be one of those guys begging for help on the forums because I didn't know what i was doing. So before I go nuts I want to know

-how to go from bone basic stock to running cm10 with google apps (obvious)
-how to get back to stock if I need/want to
-what are the known issues with CM10? SD card?
-Aside from the sense camera (I can live without it) what else am I giving up? Google wallet?

Any help/links/ or advice is appreciated. I'm reading up on things now so I'm not helpless but I do appreciate people's input

There is some good step by step content on htcevohacks.com that they collected from xda and basically made tutorials. In using the 12/7 nightly and its been fine.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

This is just like waiting for Sprint to get a new Pre when I had the OG Pre.

All this talk of htc just taking their times and getting the kinks worked out so they don't give us a buggy update blah blah blah, it reminds me of BB10 actually. They need to realize that people just get to a certain point and it's too late. Delaying a week or two for bugs is perfectly reasonable but when you start talking months people just don't have that kind of patience and will inevitably either switch to something else or at least push other people to do so (I almost sold a GS3 yesterday). It's not that ICS doesn't work or we were guaranteed anything jb related, but people have expectations and right now a lot of people are feeling that the grass is greener on the Sammy side of the fence.

That being said I can't really switch right now without spending way too much $ so CM10 here I come

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

This is just like waiting for Sprint to get a new Pre when I had the OG Pre.

That must have been so bad! I went from a Touch Pro to an EVO 4G back before they split Premier status into Silver and Gold, then got rid of it. My wife went from Pre (to craiglisted Optimus S) to iPhone 4. She wanted to wait for the new Pre but I convinced her it wasn't worth waiting. It was a great phone, it's so sad that Palm couldn't save themselves.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

That must have been so bad! I went from a Touch Pro to an EVO 4G back before they split Premier status into Silver and Gold, then got rid of it. My wife went from Pre (to craiglisted Optimus S) to iPhone 4. She wanted to wait for the new Pre but I convinced her it wasn't worth waiting. It was a great phone, it's so sad that Palm couldn't save themselves.

Hp are making windows tablets. How about a new android based phone dor CES?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Welp, may as well throw my hat into the "Ex-Pre Users" pile. I still have it, and I enjoyed it when I actively used it. But man has it been a long time. The device definitely had potential, even though the business end was hopeless.