Update US99714a

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am currently downloading an update for my unlocked US997. I think it was around 780MB. Current version is US99713a so I am mostly expecting a security update. Would be cool if it is actually Aug patch. Hopefully battery goes back to amazing duration it had before the last update.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded the update too, bummer that it's still 7.0. Even my Moto Z Play backup phone just got 7.1.1. Ah well, at least we're on the July security patch now.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
only July security patch, but I would be happy if they can keep it up and be no more than a month behind. Better camera and bigger display sounds tempting on V30, but they are going to have to do better with updates to get me to try LG again. Also my Urbane LTE 2 still doesn't have Android Wear 2.0, so LG products just don't seem to be getting the maintenance attention that they should provide.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Other than pixel, I don't know of a phone that will get the updates as they come our. A month behind isn't terrible at all. That's about average for all manufacturers.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Other than pixel, I don't know of a phone that will get the updates as they come our. A month behind isn't terrible at all. That's about average for all manufacturers.
Nokia phones will receive the same day as Pixel and they did just receive that this time. So, you have OEMs who are able to achieve that but it's bit different and hard with carrier tied phones.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Both the 13a and 14a updates feel like placebo pills. They make you think like you got an update without doing much except for the late security patch. Nothing else added or taken away as far as I can see.

Thankfully the phone works and feels fine, so I'm not disappointed or anything. Just seems like 700+ megs of nothing much.

BTW I like this phone way better than my previous one, a Pixel. Getting along fine without root and roms for now.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Nokia phones will receive the same day as Pixel and they did just receive that this time. So, you have OEMs who are able to achieve that but it's bit different and hard with carrier tied phones.

Is Nokia running vanilla Android, as far as I'm aware the day of the release is the day the manufacturers get it to make thier adjustments. Hence the one month behind pixel and Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05