updated apps not installing

whitegoodmen

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This is getting very frustrating. It has been going on for a few weeks not. I see that apps have new updates, I down load them but they say that the install failed for an unknown reason.
For an example Angry birds, pinball deluxe, Google earth, where.

I was rooted and they would not install then I un-rooted and same thing.

Droid X running updated Froyo.
Thanks guys.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Clear your market cache. Settings > Appications > market and clear data. Then reboot. See if that helps. Also do you have a good data connection?

whitegoodmen

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I did that and still no luck. I'm in a great area right now for data. This has been going on for a long time now so I have tried in Wifi areas like starbucks, supercuts, other stores and my own Wifi.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I found that if I uninstall an app that failed installation and i had to uninstall the app to get it to update the next time it usually updates fine.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have also been running into market issues lately. I have even wiped and sbf'd my phone back to stock. Some apps install fine but others download and than just stop. I go to the app in the market and have to re-download. The app will eventually install but sometimes I have to download tha app several times.

I have wiped the cache in the market app and it seems to help for a while but than starts acting up a day or two later.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had some success with unmounting my sd card. I was having this issue with angry birds and pinball delux. Unmounted and updated and all was right with my world.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked in that android secure folder and nothing was there. This sucks, I have a smart phone that can't install apps!

I notice this issue when a user installed a custom themed version of a app, you usually have to uninstall and then install new one... Another thing that causes this is when you sideload app or restore from backup.

And resolving installation with error all you have to do is dismount card or remove it from phone because there is usually files left over from other apps that cause item not to install, this is why I regularly remove old unneeded folders and file to avoid this issue.

This is not a phone issue at all.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

whitegoodmen

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried everything everyone has said but still nothing yet. I unmounted and remounted, physically removed my SD card but still nothing.
I don't know if this helps but I downloaded apps and installed them though my PC and of the ones I installed they all work correctly. I don't know if that helps or not.
I would rather not pirate all my apps but this seems to be the only way that I can get them on my phone!