Using SPen to take notes on a document

jnnyr

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Aaaaah. I see why I couldn't navigate to it. Like most programs it will open to your last position. In this case, I thought I was on the main page as you described only to be in Recent notes. A tip for anyone else having this brain fart, simply click on the 'recent notes' home icon in the upper left and it brings you to the real home page and it will now read 'all notes'. Only then will the menu button give you the import option. Thanks DAS your help is greatly appreciated.

No problem. When importing you have to be on the main page of S-Note, the page when you first open the app and can see all all your notes and folders, with the plus sign up in the top right hand corner.

It's at this stage you select menu, and you'll see the option to import. You need to perform the import function before you open a s-note. The import function will then open the new s-note for you with the preferred imported document ready to edit.

Gary Bridger

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
having real problems with Polaris and galaxy note 8. i got an urgent Word document that need signing, I thought I could sign it with the S pen, So far all video HOW TO are different from what i see on mine, opening up solaris Word or even converting to PDF and importing m Nothing works and conflicts with what everyone tells me .

Frustrated, As his has to go from Borneo to UK ombudsman , ASAP. Im stuck. no way to print and post takes for ever No fax. So have to sign digitally How?

Gary Bridger

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Does the PDF have to be in downloads , can it be on the external card, or in documents?

I tried the above , Nothing works. What PDF reader are you using?

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have just released a new slim pdf annotation app that targets those of us who want to annotate while we are reading documents. This app is not for note taking (for those who need that I recommend Papyrus).

My app is the slimmest PDF reader, with pen and marker annotation, I have seen. It is easy to use, and it allows you to annotate and highlight as you read. Exactly as you do on paper. It is extremely easy to switch between the pen and the marker; and to toggle colours.

Also – the app recognizes the difference between your finger and the stylus. Fingers are used to move, zoom and erase. The stylus is used to annotate.

A free version of Stylus Annotator is available on Play. Please try it and rate it.

milobramble

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
When I go to open the document in Snotes it asks if I want to open it in Drive PDF viewer, or POLARIS Office 5...there is no Snotes option to open it in. This is after I followed the instructions for importing from saved in the my documents folder.

Tim Queen

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have tried so many times to follow all of your suggestions, but I still cannot find this import button in my "S Note on a Galaxy Note 4". When I select S note at the top of that screen there are as follow: (3 horizontal Lines with Recent, that basically take you back to a Library of those folders that I have), then over next to the top right corner is (+ Plus symbol) (Search button) (3 dots vertically). When I select the (+ Plus button) it automatically takes me to an open note taking screen, that has the following: (pen, eraser, camera, adjustable box, undo arrow, redo arrow, pointing hand, check button, and another 3 dots vertically (that opens a drop down window with (insert, add page, add template, edit pages, delete page, page option, show magnified note, record sketching, and save as). I have tried all of these buttons, and none of them Import my documents. Please will somebody explain this to me.

JustMusic13

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so I have both an alternate method here that may help some folks, as well as a related question...

On my note 8 running 4.4.2 and Snote v1 (not sure what the actual versions or builds are for snote), I am able to take quick notes on single page docs, or even get away with signing simple 1 page docs from any app by holding the spen button in and long pressing on the screen. Its just a marked up screen shot and is an image file, but it sounds like a few folks were just looking for a quick and easy way to take notes and this works really well. Ill even view webinars and such on my tablet and use this to take notes on live screens and then just save the image files into a pdf when I'm done (which you can also do for multi page pdfs if you're not having luck using markup tools in the pdf apps themselves)

My question: The above method is working as it always has on my note 8, but I can't for the life of me get it to work on my note 12.2 all of a sudden ..... it's been a while since my note 3, and I scrweed up and got an S6 instead of being patient, so I don't have any other versions of snote to compare to, but I swore it worked the same way. Is there a setting or some other obvious thing I am missing ? Thanks for the help....

akshay1254

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Alright, so I have both an alternate method here that may help some folks, as well as a related question...

On my note 8 running 4.4.2 and Snote v1 (not sure what the actual versions or builds are for snote), I am able to take quick notes on single page docs, or even get away with signing simple 1 page docs from any app by holding the spen button in and long pressing on the screen. Its just a marked up screen shot and is an image file, but it sounds like a few folks were just looking for a quick and easy way to take notes and this works really well. Ill even view webinars and such on my tablet and use this to take notes on live screens and then just save the image files into a pdf when I'm done (which you can also do for multi page pdfs if you're not having luck using markup tools in the pdf apps themselves)

My question: The above method is working as it always has on my note 8, but I can't for the life of me get it to work on my note 12.2 all of a sudden ..... it's been a while since my note 3, and I scrweed up and got an S6 instead of being patient, so I don't have any other versions of snote to compare to, but I swore it worked the same way. Is there a setting or some other obvious thing I am missing ? Thanks for the help....