UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Laurore-Pierre

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: EZToolkit Adv: International, AT&T, Rogers One XL [Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OF

Worked great for me and the developer even takes time to help you get thru the processes. Excellent job Wizzrah

beanboy89

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

A huge thanks to wizzrah for helping me out. He hooked me up via TeamViewer and walked me through the entire process. I really appreciate him for taking time out of his day to personally help me. I now have a fully customized One X with KitKat installed! Thanks again, wizzrah!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: EZToolkit Adv: International, AT&T, Rogers One XL [Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OF

Guys if you need help, I'd be more than happy to help you via teamviewer!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, I have a new concept coming. One toolkit for all phones. You'll see what I mean...

Rick Kuo

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm having problems flashing a custom ROM. "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed". Using a google search, people seem to say it's because I need jrior001's custom version of TWRP. Just curious if this was the version that was flashed on using your toolkit? [unofficial] [recovery]twrp-2.6.3.0 4.4 compatible - xda-developers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm having problems flashing a custom ROM. "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed". Using a google search, people seem to say it's because I need jrior001's custom version of TWRP. Just curious if this was the version that was flashed on using your toolkit? [unofficial] [recovery]twrp-2.6.3.0 4.4 compatible - xda-developers

No sorry! My toolkit flashes the official version of TWRP that supports only up to 4.3. I'm assuming you are flashing a kit kat rom, so you will need a custom recovery. I use to have jrior001's 4.4 kit kat recovery on my toolkit but I took it off. I will talk with him to see if he will let me put it in the toolkit again. Just download the recovery image, use the "Flash your own recovery" option, select the recovery image, and let the toolkit do the rest. If a prompt asks you to press any key to continue, please do! The toolkit should reboot your phone after flashing the recovery. You can then boot into recovery and try flashing the 4.4 rom again.

Rick Kuo

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

So I did that what you said and then flashed the custom rom successfully. Flashed Gapps and superSu. However, it gets stuck on the HTC splash screen and just restarts. It seems like I might be S-On, even though I went through the S-off step in your toolkit. How do I confirm that I'm S-off! Thanks for all of your help!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

So I did that what you said and then flashed the custom rom successfully. Flashed Gapps and superSu. However, it gets stuck on the HTC splash screen and just restarts. It seems like I might be S-On, even though I went through the S-off step in your toolkit. How do I confirm that I'm S-off! Thanks for all of your help!

boot into bootloader and check up top so see if it says S-OFF. If you have teamviewer, I have a little bit of time to see if I can help you. If it is stuck, then you need to flash the boot image.

Rick Kuo

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

boot into bootloader and check up top so see if it says S-OFF. If you have teamviewer, I have a little bit of time to see if I can help you. If it is stuck, then you need to flash the boot image.

Thanks again for the help Wizzrah! Couldn't have done it without you.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

If anyone wants to know, we just flashed the boot.img and it worked fine.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

What Rom was this if I may ask

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

What Rom was this if I may ask

It was slim rom 4.4. The problem was not the rom. He had S-ON.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

It was slim rom 4.4. The problem was not the rom. He had S-ON.

Oh ok. As long as twrp is the latest. It should flash 4.4 roms (at least the ones I tried) also I would recommend the torched kernel. It plays friendly with 4.4
So were you able to help obtain s-off

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Oh ok. As long as twrp is the latest. It should flash 4.4 roms (at least the ones I tried) also I would recommend the torched kernel. It plays friendly with 4.4
So were you able to help obtain s-off

I am helping him with s off tomorrow. Man, I really need a donation page right? Lol

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I am helping him with s off tomorrow. Man, I really need a donation page right? Lol

I haven't tried torched kernel yet. I heard it is good.

TotiCasanova

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

DUDE!! AWESOME!! I have spent countless hours looking for a way to do this and nothing worked. I had to do the Recovery part a couple of times cuz it didnt push through, then i did it manually as you explained in a post and it all worked out!! thank you!!!!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

DUDE!! AWESOME!! I have spent countless hours looking for a way to do this and nothing worked. I had to do the Recovery part a couple of times cuz it didnt push through, then i did it manually as you explained in a post and it all worked out!! thank you!!!!

Thanks bro. Glad it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Todar86