Verizon Advanced Calling

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Bought my son an unlocked Moto G6 (BestBuy). Phone is terrific however, the Advanced Calling option is missing entirely...no HD voice or Video Calling. According to everything I've read on Verizon's website, it "should" be present and yes, it is enabled in my account settings there. I'm at a loss, looking for an explanation before going thru the grief of calling them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the specific Advanced Calling option will only show up on Verizon-branded phones. Since you got an unlocked (presumably "carrier-agnostic") phone, it won't have a carrier-specific setting like Advanced Calling in the menu. Do you see an "Enhanced 4G LTE" option in the Settings>Mobile Networks menu? That would be the same thing.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't surprise me. One of the downsides to buying an unlocked phone. My unlocked G6 will do wifi calling on a t-mobile carrier but won't do wifi calling or volte on a verizon carrier.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I also have one on Verizon. I have noticed when talking with someone compatible my phone says HD while in the call.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Bought my son an unlocked Moto G6 (BestBuy). Phone is terrific however, the Advanced Calling option is missing entirely...no HD voice or Video Calling. According to everything I've read on Verizon's website, it "should" be present and yes, it is enabled in my account settings there. I'm at a loss, looking for an explanation before going thru the grief of calling them.
BTW. How do you find those settings?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the unlocked G6 and yes it is in mobile network settings as enhanced 4G LTE. Verizon won't be of help with an unlocked phone. Any info they have for the G6 will be referring to the Verizon branded version, not the unlocked.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the unlocked G6 and yes it is in mobile network settings as enhanced 4G LTE. Verizon won't be of help with an unlocked phone. Any info they have for the G6 will be referring to the Verizon branded version, not the unlocked.
Thanks. After having to get through to a level 2 tech, the feature is indeed missing on an unlocked phone even though, it's identical to the ones sold by Verizon. Appreciate the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko