Verizon Class Action SMS Cramming Refunds!!! Mine was $350!!!

Juataxme

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone else get a refund from Verizon?

Luckily I caught it before 12-31-2015. I saw the news article on 12-1-2015! I filed the same day. Google Verizon SMS refund and it will come up with cfpb settlement. I can't put up links cause I don't have 10 messages. Anyhow.

Deadline was 12-31-2015 and I got my $350 on my account last week!!!! Unbelievable. I got about 80% of my money back from cramming. It was a bit odd because whenever I'm involved it a class action lawsuits you get a letter or postcard and respond. This was just in the news and if you missed the story you probably missed getting a refund.

Any one else get lucky? Thanks

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and that is awesome for you! I did fill mine out as well and I haven't heard or seen anything lately.

Juataxme

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
It was a suit against Verizon and Sprint and they agreed to pay out a fixed amount of $158 million.

"The details are as follows: Under the settlement with the FCC, Verizon Wireless will pay $90 million and Sprint will put up $68 million. AT&T and T-Mobile settled similar cases with the FCC last year, paying out $105 million and $90 million, respectively."

I think that why I only got 80% or $350. It was a fixed amount pay out. There must have been more than $158 million in claims.

The good thing was you didn't have to prove anything. I said I didn't authorize them and they didn't question it!

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It was a suit against Verizon and Sprint and they agreed to pay out a fixed amount of $158 million.

"The details are as follows: Under the settlement with the FCC, Verizon Wireless will pay $90 million and Sprint will put up $68 million. AT&T and T-Mobile settled similar cases with the FCC last year, paying out $105 million and $90 million, respectively."

I think that why I only got 80% or $350. It was a fixed amount pay out. There must have been more than $158 million in claims.

The good thing was you didn't have to prove anything. I said I didn't authorize them and they didn't question it!

I actually filed under Sprint, because that was my carrier at the period. Haven't heard anything, though, and I have no accounts with Sprint anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
So....I guess claiming for this is over, and if not, is there a way to toss my hat in the ring, to see if I qualify, under Verizon?

Juataxme

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
So....I guess claiming for this is over, and if not, is there a way to toss my hat in the ring, to see if I qualify, under Verizon?

Yes, claiming time is over. This was an odd class action lawsuit. Normally you get a letter in the mail and you wait 10 years for a few bucks. This was just posted on the internet and he had most of his money in 6-8 weeks

Just curious how others made out. Thanks

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I flilled it out and sent it over but have yet to receive anything. I wonder if it has anything do with me moving and changing my phone number but same account.... Oh well....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver