Verizon closed upgrade Loophole for family share plan members?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Say that again and you're gone for good.
Don't even play.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Are you serious?!?!

Wow, i didn't use any profanity or anything, but whatever.

*sigh*

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nah not that soon, I doubt it. I say in a couple years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I'd say a year at most honestly. Some users are already getting emails saying they will lose within the next 6 months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'd say a year at most honestly. Some users are already getting emails saying they will lose within the next 6 months

Hah they're actually doing that? I wouldn't think people would see emails. Any proof out there you can show? I'd assume they're doing this to prepare people and to also market the share everything plans.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

At this point it's all speculation, but most people are saying that June 2014 will be the last month of the unlimited data plans, due to the fact that grandfathered contracts will have expired by the end of that month. The system is starting to change people over now, however. I noticed that before I cancelled my Verizon contract, I added usage controls to block some numbers, and instantly my unlimited data was gone. I did notice this: When I upgraded to the S3 (full retail) over the summer, the sales rep (cool guy) told me that I used around 2gb a month (which is true). as soon as he pulled up my account. He was even willing to try to convince his manager to give me the upgrade price if I was willing to get rid of my unlimited data. Now, I believe the system is doing the swap on the sly, and if you don't notice the change (some people don't) in a certain amount of time, then you're stuck with the 2gb deal. Congrats to the people that are still able to keep unlimited data. But, in the next year, I see every trick to keep it slowly losing its effectiveness :-\

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hah they're actually doing that? I wouldn't think people would see emails. Any proof out there you can show? I'd assume they're doing this to prepare people and to also market the share everything plans.

I'll try to scrap up a copy for you

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
When I sold a phone at full retail there was no commission so I don't know where you get your information. Commission is on the contract. Not the phone that is sold.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

When they launched Share Everything Verizon started to pay reps a small commission on full retail (LTE only I believe) phone sales . ... my friend at the Verizon store was excited I didn't have to buy my full retail purchased phones online anymore because I didn't want to screw her sales rate .

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I got my today using this and the rep is the one who recommend it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is so gay for this.

To paraphrase the last part of Inigo Montoya's famous line, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

1)
a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood>
b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>

2)
a : bright, lively <gay sunny meadows>
b : brilliant in color

3)
: given to social pleasures; also : licentious

4)
a : homosexual <gay men>
b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>

This is from Merriam-Webster. Since you did not use it in any of these ways you obviously meant gay as a substitute for a derogatory term which implies that being gay is a bad thing. You cannot see how this could be offensive to anyone? That says more about you than the comment itself.

What's so offensive about it?

Are you serious?!?!

Wow, i didn't use any profanity or anything, but whatever.

*sigh*

One supposes ignorance may truly be bliss, although still ignorant.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
To paraphrase the last part of Inigo Montoya's famous line, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

1)
a : happily excited : merry <in a gay mood>
b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>

2)
a : bright, lively <gay sunny meadows>
b : brilliant in color

3)
: given to social pleasures; also : licentious

4)
a : homosexual <gay men>
b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>

This is from Merriam-Webster. Since you did not use it in any of these ways you obviously meant gay as a substitute for a derogatory term which implies that being gay is a bad thing. You cannot see how this could be offensive to anyone? That says more about you than the comment itself.

One supposes ignorance may truly be bliss, although still ignorant.

No I didn't know see anything offensive because I live in Atlanta which is the guy capital of the South and gay people use that expression (which is where I get it from) on so I didn't think it was offensive.

Not going to say the stereotypical "but I have gay friends" look because I don't, it's not because I have a problem with them but I know tons of straight people and I only have 3 straight friends so I can keep my circle closed, and I do have gay associates that are great people so if I can offended anyone I do apologize

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It is still doable but we did get contact from high up on Corp VZ and the emailed from them an our owners pretty much stated if you are "told" or believe the person is doing and upgrade and going to steal that phone for another line you WILL NOT process the order and politely decline to complete the transaction being it is against company policy. So there is still a ton of grey area but they already in last 90 days have locked down that you can not process an Alt upgrade on a line that has never signed a contract and be assured they next step will be if a phone is activated from one upgrade to another line on that acct with Unlimited data, stealing the upgrade, you will probably see a fee to the acct and chance in VZ terms an conditions on contract so they can do that.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon makes money when they sell you a phone at full retail the same way Best Buy makes money when they sell you a laptop at full retail. They have marked up the phone after purchasing it from the manufacturer.

I was under the impression that the OEM control the retail prices of their phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I have seen with switching a phone over to a different line is your warranty is void. I had a warranty issue and had to fight with the manager to get it covered.

That doesn't make sense. The warranty is on the phone, not the phone line.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's on the phone as long as it remains with the same owner on the same line when you get it through the carrier

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No I didn't know see anything offensive because I live in Atlanta which is the guy capital of the South and gay people use that expression (which is where I get it from) on so I didn't think it was offensive.

Not going to say the stereotypical "but I have gay friends" look because I don't, it's not because I have a problem with them but I know tons of straight people and I only have 3 straight friends so I can keep my circle closed, and I do have gay associates that are great people so if I can offended anyone I do apologize

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Stop.
I don't care who does or doesn't find it offensive, because I find it offensive. If you have a problem with that, you'll need to leave. If you bother to read the rules here you'll notice that it says:
Discrimination - Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, sex, sexual orientation, age, etc. Prejudice of any form is not tolerated.
At this point be thankful you haven't been banned permanently. I try to be easy going, but I will not tolerate this sort of shıt.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Stop.
I don't care who does or doesn't find it offensive, because I find it offensive. If you have a problem with that, you'll need to leave. If you bother to read the rules here you'll notice that it says:

At this point be thankful you haven't been banned permanently. I try to be easy going, but I will not tolerate this sort of shıt.

But you cuss? I'm not supporting what he said in the least but you can't reprimand him and then cuss in the forums you're supposed to be keeping clean.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
But you cuss? I'm not supporting what he said in the least but you can't reprimand him and then cuss in the forums you're supposed to be keeping clean.

Yes. I did. Feel free to report my post.

It's pretty clear I don't care how anyone expresses themselves here (be aware that other moderators do). As long as it's not hateful speech or discriminatory, or insulting towards other members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69