Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
There won't be many 720p screen phones, so I think this is a fair hardware upgrade.
Also a new device from Samsung excites me as well as ICS.

Not yet. Soon. I'm not saying it won't have real nice specs, but its not going to totally blow high end phones out of the water

jeremyashburn

Aug 18, 2011
www.senukeunderground.com
Here's piece of news: The Analyst Eldar Murtazin has claimed that the specs are real:. Maybe this is the first nail in the coffin towards confirming the final specs. Let's hope. A quick Google [skim] search reveals that this guy Eldar has been right on rumors like this before.

"Fuelling the Twitter rumours further, industry maven Eldar Murtazin, has claimed that specs reported to be on board the next-gen smartie ‘are real’. These include a 4.65-inch curved Super AMOLED HD display, a five-megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording, a 1.5GHz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and a thinner design at just 8.8mm."

Google Nexus Prime landing

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's piece of news: The Analyst Eldar Murtazin has claimed that the specs are real:. Maybe this is the first nail in the coffin towards confirming the final specs. Let's hope. A quick Google [skim] search reveals that this guy Eldar has been right on rumors like this before.

"Fuelling the Twitter rumours further, industry maven Eldar Murtazin, has claimed that specs reported to be on board the next-gen smartie ?are real?. These include a 4.65-inch curved Super AMOLED HD display, a five-megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording, a 1.5GHz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and a thinner design at just 8.8mm."

Google Nexus Prime landing
I stopped reading after the 1st sentence, they obviously have no idea whats going on. They just looked at BMX's and Tom's tweets then googled Panda Nation and got some gaming clan site and slapped that in the article.. without confirmation about what they were posting was legit or not. Doesn't speak well for the rest of it.

Shark_On_Land

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the number of MPs over 5 is just marketing especially on phones. It's all about the camera sensor.

True but I bet your moms ass that the next iPhone is going to have 8mps. So when we have 5, they'll think there are better than us.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
True but I bet your moms ass that the next iPhone is going to have 8mps. So when we have 5, they'll think there are better than us.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Well, so far, the iPhone's camera has been better than every Android's camera anyway. Except maybe the MT4G.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The MT4GS and the GSII are the only Android phones with a better camera.

Samsung is usually good with their cameras, so I expect an above average camera in the Prime.

Sent from my ADR6400L

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Kellex has apparently confirmed the specs for the Nexus device. nothing overly surprising, but certainly as impressive as we've been hoping for - 1.5 ghz OMAP 4460 chip, NFC, metal chassis - whoooo, nice!!

Ev5sY.png

xda-developers - View Single Post - Android Nexus 3 (Prime) on Ice Cream Sandwich

Last edited:
Reactions: DolfanCole

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Kellex has apparently confirmed the specs for the Nexus device:

Ev5sY.png

xda-developers - View Single Post - Android Nexus 3 (Prime) on Ice Cream Sandwich

This really has me more confused. Are there really two devices? The best argument people put forth on why Verizon would pass on the GS2 is that it was too similar to the "Prime" or "Nexus" or whatever it is. So, they pass on not releasing two very similar devices so close to each other. Ok, understand that. But, how does that argument not also apply to a "Droid Prime" and "Galaxy Nexus"? Why both? Or is it really both that are coming to Verizon?

Also ... just noticed. "Super AMOLED Plus" display? Not Super AMOLED HD? Pretty significant typo if it is one.

Last edited:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This really has me more confused. Are there really two devices? The best argument people put forth on why Verizon would pass on the GS2 is that it would too similar to the "Prime" or "Nexus" or whatever it is. So, they pass on not releasing two very similar devices so close to each other. But, how does that argument not also apply to a "Droid Prime" and "Galaxy Nexus"? Why both? Or is it really both that are coming to Verizon?

Also ... just noticed. "Super AMOLED Plus" display? Not Super AMOLED HD? Pretty significant typo if it is one.

yeah, the latest info/rumors/whatever is that there will be two devices - the Nexus (vanilla andy, ICS, releasing on vzw 11/3) and then the Droid Prime (bloat, Droid branding, Touchwiz) that is really just the Charge 2. not only are BGR and Kellex saying this, but so is The Droid Guy. now, i'm not saying this is all gospel; but given that "now" is about the time that more leaks come out, it makes some sense of the bits and pieces we've been hearing.

Breaking: Move over Prime – the Nexus is coming ? Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
This really has me more confused. Are there really two devices? The best argument people put forth on why Verizon would pass on the GS2 is that it was too similar to the "Prime" or "Nexus" or whatever it is. So, they pass on not releasing two very similar devices so close to each other. Ok, understand that. But, how does that argument not also apply to a "Droid Prime" and "Galaxy Nexus"? Why both? Or is it really both that are coming to Verizon?

Perhaps the Prime is going to be a slider with ICS. The Nexus will be the phone we've all been talking about. That would make more sense because they're different enough not to take away from each other.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah, the latest info/rumors/whatever is that there will be two devices - the Nexus (vanilla andy, ICS, releasing on vzw 11/3) and then the Droid Prime (bloat, Droid branding, Touchwiz) that is really just the Charge 2. not only are BGR and Kellex saying this, but so is The Droid Guy. now, i'm not saying this is all gospel; but given that "now" is about the time that more leaks come out, it makes some sense of the bits and pieces we've been hearing.

Breaking: Move over Prime ? the Nexus is coming ? Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

No, I hear ya. Not trying to shoot the messenger either. I've seen the leaks too, but I've always leaned towards there really only being a single device coming to Verizon (with the different model numbers reflecting the different carriers -- not different devices coming to the same carrier).

I'm just having a hard time following the logic, if indeed there are two devices. I was all in for getting the GS2, but accepted the fact that Verizon passed because it would be too similar to the Nexus or whatever they had coming from Samsung in the near term. If you use the same logic, then why a Droid Charge 2 and a Galaxy Nexus? How do they differ? And are the differences so great that it doesn't follow the same logic on not getting the GS2?

Reactions: arv86

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't think this part has gotten quite enough attention yet so I'm quoting it not once, not twice, but thrice for good measure. Hopefully someone "in the know" can clarify that.... As it stands I'm hoping Kellex just made a small mistake there.... The potential S-Amoled HD was one of the main reasons I opted to wait for this phone and didn't jump on the Bionic.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps the Prime is going to be a slider with ICS. The Nexus will be the phone we've all been talking about. That would make more sense because they're different enough not to take away from each other.

I could go for that. That would be enough of a difference between the two devices.

Have there been any leaks on different release dates for the two devices? I guess we're all going on Nov. 3 for the Galaxy Nexus (or whatever it's called). But, what about a release date for the Charge 2/Prime?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I could go for that. That would be enough of a difference between the two devices.

Have there been any leaks on different release dates for the two devices? I guess we're all going on Nov. 3 for the Galaxy Nexus (or whatever it's called). But, what about a release date for the Charge 2/Prime?

There's not much to go on with this "second device." It's basically vaporware at the moment. We're basing this on a tweet and a dubious blog source.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais