Verizon looking into the signal strength issue, software coming

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt had multiple radio updates CDMA and LTE updates. They definitely helped with hand off of 4G / 3G. They tweek settings in freq gain to establish when 4G connects so that we stop getting the no signal prob.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon looking into the signal strength issue, software comi

No 3g in northern Ohio. Can't speak to 4G because I'm currently out of a 4G zone.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

This should make them push the fix for the GN asap.....
BS for an entire data network to be down.
Boy I can see the AT&T commercials now

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Until Verizon/ Samsung/Google fixes this issue I may try the GN at another time, I just had my GN cut off and service turned back on on my Charge, as bad as folks complained about the charge radio at least it connected to 4g and stayed, dBm between my Charge and GN was aprox 20 better on the Charge, I've not once seen it go above -98 where as the GN only once dropped down to -98 while the rest of the time it stayed in the -120 range. Also I had noticed when I made a phone call on the GN I could no longer surf the internet where on the Charge I could do both. I'm sorry as bad as I wanted this phone it's no good to me if I can't get the service I'm paying for. I may hold off a couple more months and see what new comes out and what upgrades are made to the GN or the Rezound appears to have less issues over the next competitor which is the Droid Razr. I do hope this issue gets resolved soon. I will hold onto the GN for a few more days and see what may transpire until then I'm happy with my service and signal from the Charge.

James

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Still no 3G or 4G here, despite Verizon saying it was all working again.

There is a huge difference between "returning to normal" and "working again". I would like to see what the problems actually are, like we would ever hear heh.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Until Verizon/ Samsung/Google fixes this issue I may try the GN at another time, I just had my GN cut off and service turned back on on my Charge, as bad as folks complained about the charge radio at least it connected to 4g and stayed, dBm between my Charge and GN was aprox 20 better on the Charge, I've not once seen it go above -98 where as the GN only once dropped down to -98 while the rest of the time it stayed in the -120 range. Also I had noticed when I made a phone call on the GN I could no longer surf the internet where on the Charge I could do both. I'm sorry as bad as I wanted this phone it's no good to me if I can't get the service I'm paying for. I may hold off a couple more months and see what new comes out and what upgrades are made to the GN or the Rezound appears to have less issues over the next competitor which is the Droid Razr. I do hope this issue gets resolved soon. I will hold onto the GN for a few more days and see what may transpire until then I'm happy with my service and signal from the Charge.

James

I haven't sent the Droid razr back to Amazon yet. They told me I have almost 4 more weeks left before I send it back. I am going to wait another two weeks if no improvements are made I will be going back to the razr and sending the GN back. I am keeping hope. Never dropped 4g with razr at my house which is in the best coverage zone and with nexus I am dropping 4g every ten minutes. My 3g signal is like -96dbm on nexus and on razr it always stays in -70 to -78dmb

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to say neener neener neener, but as a point of reference I have no 4G data problems on my Rezound. I really love this phone, it's the best cellphone I've ever had.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
What's the fuss over how many MP this camera hs on the GN? Obviously you guys don't know very much about photography and the MP wars between manufacturers. Now they realized us photographers don't care about the MP but what we want is less noise at high ISO
Do you folks realize you can print a 20x24 photo with a 5 MP camera and it not pixelat these are phones for goodness sake, if you need a camera go buy one if you need to record video go buy the appropriate camera to do tis as well. The cameras are a convience not for the purpose of becoming a photographer or taking those breath taking shots.
Back in tthe day of the first digital cameras when they were only 2 MP folks were printing bill board size prints to actually use for bill boards so unless you're a professionally photographer the cameras in these phones are plenty good enough for the intended purpose.

Lets get our radios fixed and operable for the most part so we can enjoy connectivity to the internet and continuous 4g service in which that's what we are paying for.

James

I had a razr and could rarely get online unless on wifi and never was able to send picture mail. I had so many issues with it :( I loved the phone but I wanted to be able to use it. My nexus is working as long as I keep it on 3G for now which is fine since 4G is bout 15 minutes away!! I will stick with my Nexus just hope a fix is out soon!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99