Verizon - Release Date Prediction for HTC One - Phil - You should give a prize to winner

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking Late August or early September. I hope not, but I think this will be the time frame. If I had to peg an exact date it would be September 12th.
I would hate for you to be right. My iTurd's battery plummets like crazy; I have to charge it midway through the day with average use. I'm very ready by my upgrade date (7/7) to get the One. :(

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think we are going to see it July/Aug for the back to school specials. That will give verizon more time to sell more DNA's and s4's and will give the One some time to shine before the launch of the next iphone. I am hoping it is sooner as I am due for an upgrade the end of June but we all know how verizon is with launches and making people wait.

You're probably right about the back to school thing, which I think is a pretty dumb decision. They lost out on a ton of sales already due to the amount of initial buzz that the phone has been getting. Waiting until august will further reduce the buzz and amount that people are going out and bragging about their phones. Plus waiting that long puts them in the time frame of the new iPhone and moto X. Both which are supposed to be pretty dang good phones. I was going to buy the one off contract and try and sell my dna, but if it takes that long to come out I'll probably be jumping to the X

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am running thin on patience here. Trying to figure out if I should jump ship to AT&T since this could go until late September before I can get my hands on the One. Come on Verizon and HTC put out a release date. If I know my wait the more likely I am to stay.

RobCMass

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the ones that jumped ship to AT&T but that only lasted a few days as I had an issue with the phone I had and some service issues. The guy at AT&T was such a jerk that I told him to just go ahead and cancel and I had my Verizon service restored. So I am back to patiently waiting for the HTC One with Verizon

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
With the Butterfly S already leaked and likely to release soon, anyone thinking about waiting for the next gen DNA instead of a late-arriving One?

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sucks that Big Red was late to the party. Amazon has AT&T and Sprint versions on sale for one day only. New = $79. Upgrade = $99.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon better release it cheaper or they are crazy. 2-3 months late to the game and they expect people to pay $199 on contract or $599 full retail?!?

Should be $99 on contract and $499/$549 full retail.

KevinFuerst

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Verizon better release it cheaper or they are crazy. 2-3 months late to the game and they expect people to pay $199 on contract or $599 full retail?!?

Should be $99 on contract and $499/$549 full retail.

As much as I want to say you are right Verizon knows it has the upper hand. I have been waiting with $200 in my pocket since March to buy this phone. The second it goes on sale I'm buying one. I just hope they have the standard silver one.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope they come out with at least a a 32gb version and a release date soon Thunderbolt getting old had since release date!!!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You're probably right about the back to school thing, which I think is a pretty dumb decision. They lost out on a ton of sales already due to the amount of initial buzz that the phone has been getting. Waiting until august will further reduce the buzz and amount that people are going out and bragging about their phones. Plus waiting that long puts them in the time frame of the new iPhone and moto X. Both which are supposed to be pretty dang good phones. I was going to buy the one off contract and try and sell my dna, but if it takes that long to come out I'll probably be jumping to the X
Oh believe me I agree 100%. I don't know what verizon is doing lately, I mean att is crushing them with phone choices and verizon just sits back twiddling their thumbs. They honestly seem like they have gotten so big they are just sitting back and relying on people staying with them because of their currently larger lte network. I really hope sprint and TMO can put some pressure on verizon because as soon as either of those gets a little bit larger and more reliable coverage, I will leave verizon in a heartbeat. I do not want to have to pay full price just to keep unlimited.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is a joke. Who wants an HTC in July or August when the iPhone 5S/6 along with the next slew of Android phones are coming August/September?!?

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As much as I want to say you are right Verizon knows it has the upper hand. I have been waiting with $200 in my pocket since March to buy this phone. The second it goes on sale I'm buying one. I just hope they have the standard silver one.

You just know they are going to plaster red on it and then a 4GLTE + Verizon Wireless logo on the back. Then on the front, on the top, they will have a Verizon logo...

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well the DroidLanding twitter account just started tweeting again indicating a new Droid phone launching soon. I'm hoping VZW didn't pass on the HTC One and opt for the DNA-2 (AKA Butterfly S branded as a Droid)

Verizon is making me soooooo mad lately, but no one else has reliable service so I'm stuck. I'm still hoping for the HTC One....

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the DroidLanding twitter account just started tweeting again indicating a new Droid phone launching soon. I'm hoping VZW didn't pass on the HTC One and opt for the DNA-2 (AKA Butterfly S branded as a Droid)

Verizon is making me soooooo mad lately, but no one else has reliable service so I'm stuck. I'm still hoping for the HTC One....

Just curious why you d want the inferior device if given the option between the One and a version of the Butterfly S?

Posted via Android Central App

Noremacam

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious why you d want the inferior device if given the option between the One and a version of the Butterfly S?

I don't know about him, but 5 inch screen is too big for me The HTC one is a bit smaller, and combined with how much love went into its design, I'd opt for that.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is a joke. Who wants an HTC in July or August when the iPhone 5S/6 along with the next slew of Android phones are coming August/September?!?

First of all the iPhone can't be compared so you're smoking some serious dope there. The big hitters have released serious phones in case you've been sleeping. S4, HTC One aren't enough for you quite yet, then it sounds like you need a Note 2 or 3 or some other phablet style phone where convenience goes to crap. You're free to chase specs all you want but what all really is left to release this year that's comparable? Another sorry laggy Motorola phone? No thanks. I tried the MAXX HD and it was a mistake. The performance is horrendous.

from my DNA

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First of all the iPhone can't be compared so you're smoking some serious dope there. The big hitters have released serious phones in case you've been sleeping. S4, HTC One aren't enough for you quite yet, then it sounds like you need a Note 2 or 3 or some other phablet style phone where convenience goes to crap. You're free to chase specs all you want but what all really is left to release this year that's comparable? Another sorry laggy Motorola phone? No thanks. I tried the MAXX HD and it was a mistake. The performance is horrendous.

from my DNA
So anyone that disagrees with you is a drug addict? How about simply leaving the personal commentary about other members out of the discussion.