Verizon V20 delayed?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Was at corporate store and they said the V20 is delayed for technical reasons. Was wanting to test it out, but they said it is not coming this week. Some did ship on line, so not making sense. My guess is no supply to fill channels. Maybe something to do with camera glass?

This will be a good test for accuracy of information at my local store. Also explains the order pushouts by BB, IF correct.

BB local store concurs was pushed out by Verizon.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
There are a few Verizon stores near me showing in-stock availability via the Verizon website. Its usually very accurate. Looks like about half the stores show it instock within 50 miles of me.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
First I've heard of this. I'm using a Verizon V20 to write this and I know of at least one member here that got his at a physical Verizon store last week I think.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
maybe Verizon realized they need to remove a few more features from the phone? I'm hoping it's not actually due to the camera glass discussion.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon V20 as well. Got it online and it arrived this post Saturday, I have seen nothing of a delay but that doesn't mean anything as I want searching

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just called my local store to see. They said they have several in stock. It is a corporate store. He said there have been no delays anywhere that he is aware of.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Odd. Both BB and Verizon show no inventory and delay in their point of sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I just went on Verizon website through the ordering process online, and it says it will ship out for tomorrow delivery if I hit the order button. And there are still many stores showing as in-stock if I want to go pick it up today.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday evening in a cooperate verizon store. They had to find it though, like the employees didn't know what it was. Got it and everything runni,g great, even went back today to get the otterbox defender. Love it so far!

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine at a corporate store on 10/25 - I had to ask and it wasn't on display yet, but no problems in ordering and walking out with it that day. They had 3 cases in stock as well. C-bus, OH.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, all moot since getting mine from BB and they show 11/26 now for availability. Convenient coincidence of misinformation then.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want the $200 gist card :) ;) Catch is, is BB date REALLY 11/26 as their system and emails to customers shows now.... Yesterday morning it was 10/27.

Never know. I am just going along the lines of thinking that people wouldn't be saying they walked in / walked out with one if Verizon was truly holding them to perform some additional updates. Unless the people at those stores are just ignoring the memo and going to sell it anyway for a commission. Hard to say really.

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Got mine via online order Tuesday. I sincerely hope this is not another "hey bring your phone back to us" sort of thing. I'm getting awful tired of spending a day tweaking my phones back to normal.

-Mark

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Was at corporate store and they said the V20 is delayed for technical reasons. Was wanting to test it out, but they said it is not coming this week. Some did ship on line, so not making sense. My guess is no supply to fill channels. Maybe something to do with camera glass?

This will be a good test for accuracy of information at my local store. Also explains the order pushouts by BB, IF correct.

BB local store concurs was pushed out by Verizon.

I doubt this has anything to do with camera glass. Technical reasons may have nothing to do with phone itself unless they specified that specifically. Keep in mind they are salesmen first in the store and if they don't have it in stock its a good way to steer you into something else even if they weren't aggressive.
Call Verizon customer service because when I went in last week to buy a case I was told they werent getting the phones till the 28th but that has since changed. What I did was looked at it in an AT&T corporate store and then ordered online.
I'm almost willing to bet that they didn't make enough of these phones because it seems to have a lot of early sales compared to when I bought the G5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu