Verizon vs T-Mobile

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You really can't afford not to if you end up on a carrier you can't use and loose unlimited data on VZW if you end up having to go back. Go to Walmart and get a prepaid SIM and 30 prepaid card for $40 and try the $30 5gb and 100 minutes plan.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I said before I'm not paying a whole bunch of money just to try something out.

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to give an answer since we all live in different areas... You'd have to find someone in your area with the service. I mean if you want opinions I can say it's great for my area (Jacksonville). I get the speeds below around town and indoors. This is LTE / HSPA.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Not only the area, but specifically where you are, especially if indoors. In my house, I get great reception in some parts, other parts, horrible. And we are only talking about maybe 20-30' apart

Though tmo lte can be very fast, note not typical speeds.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375027562774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375027562774.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 40

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Which I don't want to do. I'm keeping my number. I'll just deal with T-Mobile. Their coverage from what I have researched is pretty good in Atlanta. If that's true then I'll be in store within a couple weeks. Losing unlimited with Verizon is not worth a $120 hole in my pocket. Especially when I don't use over a couple hundred minutes a month taking and use 2000 or less messages. Sounds like its T-Mobile for me then.

If coverage is good there in Atlanta you won't be disappointed.
Like Almeuit his speeds in Florida is awesome
Even across the opposite end of the country in Hawaii we have good coverage and pretty good data
Speeds. So good? I racked up almost 30 GB this past month.

Verizon lte in Hawaii is no where near as fast as Tmobile with about the same coverage. In fact from what I seen my coworkers s3 tops out about 3-5 MB download. Heck
even my back up 4G Hspa+ is 3-4 times faster than his lte. His 3G back up doesn't even past 1MB download.
And my bill for 2 lines is way cheaper this his bill with 2 lines.
The best feature I love with tmobile is the wifi calling from anywhere in the world. It saved me a bunch of cash when my wife went to Japan last month. There was no charges
For her calling me over wifi while there.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375032483783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375032483783.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile ok in Chicago also.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375034562583.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375034562583.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 33

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile ok in Chicago also.

Just ok?
That's really good if you ask me in terms of mobile data speeds.
Plus you have unlimited data right?
Its all good mellime22

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Which I don't want to do. I'm keeping my number. I'll just deal with T-Mobile. Their coverage from what I have researched is pretty good in Atlanta. If that's true then I'll be in store within a couple weeks. Losing unlimited with Verizon is not worth a $120 hole in my pocket. Especially when I don't use over a couple hundred minutes a month taking and use 2000 or less messages. Sounds like its T-Mobile for me then.

Minutes and messaging are irrelevant to this. What you should do if you haven't already is run an Account Analysis from MyVerizon and see how much DATA you are using

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Minutes and messaging are irrelevant to this. What you should do if you haven't already is run an Account Analysis from MyVerizon and see how much DATA you are using

Seldom more than 6GB. That's why I have considered T-Mobile. There one of the few unlimited data carriers prepaid or otherwise.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just ok?
That's really good if you ask me in terms of mobile data speeds.
Plus you have unlimited data right?
Its all good mellime22

Yeah unlimited all the way bro lol. Don't get me wrong I love the speeds but wish my upload was a lil faster lol.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah unlimited all the way bro lol. Don't get me wrong I love the speeds but wish my upload was a lil faster lol.

Don't worry mellime22 your upload is plenty good. I'm pretty sure between the upload your are getting and Almeuit? You won't see a difference in performance. Plus when tmobile implements their 4x2 mimo lte setup your upload should improve vastly

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah OP Tmobile can be good... As long as the coverage is there. My LTE speeds are consistent.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1375100904845.jpg
    1375100904845.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am basically in the same boat, I am thinking of getting a nexus 4 off Swappa and then using it for a month to see if I can use T-mo or not. The only thing really stopping me is that I would have to cancel my line on VZW because someone in my family used my upgrade last fall without asking me. Unless - does anyone know if I can use an upgrade to cancel my line on Verizon? (I mean use another line's upgrade to cancel my line and then void the upgrade).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiSwipe