Very Strange S voice issue, on NOTE 3 Please Please try this and reply back with help.

natedawg901

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I am new to samsung previouse iphone s4 user. I am having the same error sorry cant find a network connection. Ive tried it on both wifi and mobile data, neither work. Sometimes it says an unexpected error occurred. Ive tried restarting and clearing data and cache and forcing to stop in app manager. Still not working. This sucks. I drive for a living

TLKsl

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I got my note 3 4 days back and now when I'm trying s voice it says connection failure, what's going on. Please need help

John Bekesz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
my family t mobile galaxy s3 v11.2.2 s voice same issue cant call or text
however i can ask for directions or set reminder or alarm
samsung and t mobile support worthless
tried reset default access piont names and voice recognizer to samsung vlingo
did not work

ijhutch

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Note 2. I was having the same problem running OS 4.1.2. They told me to clear the cache data on the app. Then, customer support had me update to 4.3 and said to call Samsung if the problem still occurred.

Samsung told me to clear the cache data on the app. They couldn't figure anything out and transferred me to some special department that can load some application which allows them to take control of the phone. After being 45 minutes on hold before this special department answered, he basically said the only thing that may work would be a "wipe cache partition" (google it). He felt that the chances would be good that it would solve this problem.

I tried the suggestions earlier in this thread about switching to Vlingo and resetting to default the APN. No joy.

I have S Voice version 11.2.2.0.25885 (r1).

"I can't find a network connection. Please connect and try again." is the repeated message when not on WiFi.

This is SOOOOOO frustrating. :mad::':)confused:

I have not done the wipe cache partition yet. I will let you all know if it makes any difference.

* ijhutch *

ijhutch

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
OK, I just Turned OFF S Voice...

Google Voice took over. I gave it access to my contacts, and now everything that I want to do works.

If anyone comes up with an S Voice specific solution, please post.

* ijhutch *

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Tampa Florida here and I see that issue pop up sometimes. It's not consistently happening every single time I use that feature. I do notice that Google Voice (or whatever it's called) seems to be more accurate... Just my. 02.

Note 3 (4.4.2) T-mobile

Anonymous Use

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T with my SM-N900A, and I got this error message about three days ago...."I can't find a network connection. Please connect and try again."

I have NO idea what happened. It just stopped working. I tried clearing the cache, factory reset, changing the voice provider (from Google to Vlingo) and nothing works.

When I talked to AT&T, they had no problems with it thus far and I was the ONLY person with this problem in their network.

Are there any other options? I don't want to lose this phone.

Thomas Frey

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I too started having this problem today and on AT&T network.

Have tried everything in this thread with no help.

Google voice sucks when I have to completely re-set up everything.

I am going to go to the AT&T store and see if getting a new SIM card helps.

Dale Stiles

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this same issue on a brand new Galaxy Note 3 on the AT&T network. I bought it in Wichita Falls and had problems right away. I'm coming from an iPhone 5S 64GB and I use Siri so much that I figured S Voice would be a great tool as well. I get two messages. The most common is "I can't find a network connection. Please connect and try again." The other one is "An unexpected server error occurred. Please try again." I haven't upgraded anything on the phone yet. It is running Android version 4.4.2 out of the box. I can't tell what version of S Voice it is running because I'm totally new to Android but I haven't downloaded any apps that I would consider to be game changing. Just what I would consider to be essentials like Facebook, Twitter etc. I did install or enabled several Google apps like Hangouts, Chrome, Google Search/Google Now and others and set those up. If I can't fix this, I'm taking the phone back and putting the iPhone 5S back into service.

Thomas Frey

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
For the record. My daughter has an S5 active with S-voice 11.4 and it works great in mobile or WiFi.

My guess would be that the introduction of the newer version / some update, has caused 11.2.x to stop working correctly.

I will try getting a new SIM card anyway just to see if it helps.

erjohnson227

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Same issue on my end. SM-900A on AT&T in Southern California

Same issue for me as well. I called samsung's amazing tech support line... they pretty much had me go though the same steps i had already tried:

• Deleted app cache.
  • Deleted app data.
  • Uninstalled S Voice Update and rolled back to stock version (11.1?)
  • Booted into recovery and wiped cache partition.

None of these items fixed the issue. Finally hung up with them because it took me 45+ minutes on hold and to explain my issue before they said "Oh, you have to call back on another device, sorry!" Me: "Can I get a direct line No. or extension so that I don't have to call back and wait on hold/ in line and then explain my issue to someone new?" Samsung Tech Support Lady: "No, sorry, you have to start over again when you call back." I cannot believe these people. What kind of call center doesn't have extensions?

I can't believe I just paid $300 dollars for a watch just to find out that Samsung can't keep its own apps working (and its not even a GOOD app at that, I only use it because the gear piggy-backs off of the SVoice app). By the way, I'm running a AT&T Note 3 as well, with 4.4.2 on it. The issue didn't start occurring until three of four days ago for me. Up until that point I don't recall it consistently giving me the network error.

I also tried all of the suggestions that you guys made as well, such as setting the voice provider to vlingo, etc. No joy. I really liked Samsung until recently. It seems that they're all too concerned with "The next big thing.." and not with providing service on their current devices.

-Evan J.

Thomas Frey

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Same issue on my end. SM-900A on AT&T in Southern California

I found a solution that has worked for me, on the AT&T Network, using a Samsung Note 2, with Android version 4.4.2, build SAMSUNG-SGH-I317.

Noticing how well S-Voice 11.4 works on my Daughters S5, with the same Android version and build, I decided to see if I can find that software to install on my phone myself.

Using a Google search, I found the following

Cannot provide a link because these forums are really stupid, slow and bloated with ads.
Do a Google search using, s-voice version 11.4
I used the, Free Android App. S Voice Version 11.4.0.0, from Aptoide. 26.91 megabytes. File name is apk-install-5495648.apk

To install this file I did the following. Downloaded the file to my PC. Connected my phone to the PC using the USB cable. Copied the file to the phone into the download folder. Disconnected the phone from the computer. Using the phone's file manager I browsed to that folder and launched the file. Phone gave me a warning message about install unknown software due to security settings. I ok'd the install. An app was installed that then downloaded the S-Voice version 11.4. I was then warned again about unknown software. Gave permission to install. S-Voice 11.4 then proceeded to install.

Since installing S-Voice version 11.4 the application has worked every time on WiFi and Mobile networks.

I am not making any promises that this will work for you and I hope it does.

As far as I know S-Voice 11.4 does require Android version 4.4.x to work correctly.

Sincerely,

erjohnson227

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thomas,

At work now, but will definately try when I get home. Call me paranoid, but I'm not too comfortable with loading apk's from third party sources onto my device. Especially an app like s voice which has access to just about every permission imaginable.

Would be nice if good ol' Sammy would just push the official update to our devices.

Thanks,

Evan J.

erjohnson227

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

I found a solution that has worked for me, on the AT&T Network, using a Samsung Note 2, with Android version 4.4.2, build SAMSUNG-SGH-I317.

Noticing how well S-Voice 11.4 works on my Daughters S5, with the same Android version and build, I decided to see if I can find that software to install on my phone myself.

Using a Google search, I found the following

Cannot provide a link because these forums are really stupid, slow and bloated with ads.
Do a Google search using, s-voice version 11.4
I used the, Free Android App. S Voice Version 11.4.0.0, from Aptoide. 26.91 megabytes. File name is apk-install-5495648.apk

To install this file I did the following. Downloaded the file to my PC. Connected my phone to the PC using the USB cable. Copied the file to the phone into the download folder. Disconnected the phone from the computer. Using the phone's file manager I browsed to that folder and launched the file. Phone gave me a warning message about install unknown software due to security settings. I ok'd the install. An app was installed that then downloaded the S-Voice version 11.4. I was then warned again about unknown software. Gave permission to install. S-Voice 11.4 then proceeded to install.

Since installing S-Voice version 11.4 the application has worked every time on WiFi and Mobile networks.

I am not making any promises that this will work for you and I hope it does.

As far as I know S-Voice 11.4 does require Android version 4.4.x to work correctly.

Sincerely,
How do I download it? Their site keeps trying to install their app on my phone. And on the computer it tries to get me to install the app so that it can "remote install" .... I hate sites like these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Frey

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

How do I download it? Their site keeps trying to install their app on my phone. And on the computer it tries to get me to install the app so that it can "remote install" .... I hate sites like these.

You have to install their app first and it is no big deal.

Then it will install S-Voice.

You can uninstall the first app afterward if you don't want it on your phone.

T.

Thomas Frey

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thomas,

At work now, but will definately try when I get home. Call me paranoid, but I'm not too comfortable with loading apk's from third party sources onto my device. Especially an app like s voice which has access to just about every permission imaginable.

Would be nice if good ol' Sammy would just push the official update to our devices.

Thanks,

Evan J.

As far as I can tell, it is the official app with no added spyware as it were.

I also uninstalled the download app and S-Voice continues to work as expected.

Also, S-Voice is not a Samsung app and is made by a third party.

erjohnson227

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it working! On both my Note 3 (SM-900A) and my Gear 2 (SM-R380)!!!

Thomas,

Thank you for the suggestion. Although your recommendation of downloading version 11.4.x of the S-Voice didn't solve my issue alone, it did get me one step closer to a solution. As far as the S-Voice not working on cellular network, problem solved. Updating to (in my case, 11.4.0.2) a newer version of S-Voice now allows me to double tap the home key and successfully issue voice commands while on a mobile network, in addition to working as before on Wi-Fi.

For anyone who has a Galaxy Gear (on Tizen) or a Gear 2 / Gear 2 Neo / Gear Fit:

The connection issue still persisted on my wearable device. Seemingly too quickly for the voice recording to even be transferred to the phone for processing via S-Voice, I continued to have the persistent "Please check to make sure you have a network connection and try again." message just as before. So I got to thinking. Perhaps at this point it wasn't an S-Voice issue but instead one with the half a dozen or more Samsung services associated with the Gear and Gear Manager app.

Samsung Support said that I had already tried everything they could possibly recommend, short of a factory reset on both devices. Now, there's no way i'm gonna factory reset my phone, so that's out of the question. I did however figure, well it didn't take too long to set up the gear (less than 30 minutes to pair and get setting configured), so I was willing to factory reset my watch (Samsung Gear 2).

After performing the reset, and re-pairing the device with my Note 3, I tried S-Voice and to my disappointment, it still returned the same network message. For whatever reason, something compelled me to toggle the Wi-Fi several times on my device, testing the S-Voice function as I went. After two or three "on-off" cycles on the Wi-Fi, my Gear 2 was suddenly connecting properly to S-Voice. I have tried it after each install of new apps on the Gear, and so far so good. The issue has not come back.

Cliff Note Version:

If your Gear / Gear 2 / Gear 2 Neo / Gear Fit is not working, try the following:

• Install S-Voice 11.4.0.x as described above by Thomas
  • Perform a factory reset on your gear (Settings->Reset Gear)
  • Toggle Wi-Fi on and off several times, testing Gear after each change (i.e. check after on->off and after off->on)
  • Finally, if none of those work, try uninstalling the Gear Manager app. This will uninstall all of the helper services, and upon reconnecting to your gear, you should automatically be prompted to re-download the Gear Manager app. If not, simply search for "Gear Manager" in the Samsung App Store

Hope this helps some others. Cannot tell you how thankful I am that this is working. Kudos again to Thomas for helping me solve half of this complicated troubleshooting puzzle.

Regards,

-Evan J.

erjohnson227

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, it is the official app with no added spyware as it were.

I also uninstalled the download app and S-Voice continues to work as expected.

Also, S-Voice is not a Samsung app and is made by a third party.

Thomas,

That's exactly what I did. I figured, what the heck. I just made sure that I didn't allow Aptoide to auto-update any of my existing apps. Downloaded a version of S-Voice (11.4.0.2 in my case), and then uninstalled the Aptoide App.

See my previous post for more details, but this S-Voice version at least fixed the connection issue on my phone while on a mobile data network.

Regards,

- Evan J.