[Video Tutorial] How To Properly Root Your Inspire 4G

blakev599

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
okay got past that now im stuck on the terminal emulator on the command right before the root. i type sync
/data/local/tmp/root and it says "device or resources busy"
?

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes! This! Goodness! Like this phone way better though. LOL

The source code was just released so the wonderful devs at XDA will have more friendly methods to root/custom ROM your device soon. For the Captivate it was a simple zip file to root and a c/p of the rom file to the sdcard and a 1-click method to revert back to stock. It doesn't get much easier than that :)

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
That's what someone was working on this week but his thread has been really quiet the past 2 days. Hopefully he gets it going again. I need the one click solution. The hack kit didn't go so well for me.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also am an iPhone convert. Well I'm getting my Inspire in the mail Monday and I'd like to Root as my iPhone is jailbroken and I really want to root. This all seems so confusing haha and I'm very good at modding my iPhone files/codes. Sigh, the learning curves of new phones lol. Also I'm on a MacBook Pro and live in a Windows-less house so all these directions don't mean much to me. Hopefully a 1-click root comes soon.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The guy working on it on the xda site has the one click method up for download. Do yourself a favor and read the first page posts from him about making your gold card etc. If you get stuck, feel free to post what's going on in that thread. Someone will be able to help you.
Link:

[DEV][GUI][BETA][RE-RELEASE][2-27-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers

I've been monitoring that thread. I get my Inspire today and I will be attempting the GC and root today lol. I enjoy tinkering and hopefully I can figure all this stuff out coming from iPhone. Kinda nervous to try with the chance to ruin my phone but I got to tinker haha.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I've stuckied ( :p ) this thread for now. When one of you guru's wants to take the reigns with the Inspire root method, give a Mod or admin a holler :)

anon(123942)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
its simple enough to either if you simply cannot wait for a one click method ADB is the way to go, yeah it might seem a little scary. but if you follow this video step by step you will have your root fill

anon(123942)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
and its REALLY hard to mess your phone up this way. its as easy as following the directions. custom roming is where you could mess your phone up if you don't know what you're doing