Visual voicemail???

CeasareBorgia

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Just switched. So far so good, but i'm missing visual voicemail al la ios. Someone please advise me as to what options are out there for this phone? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I used that same apk ATT GNote and my International GNote. As long as you have VVM on your account which is free on a LTE account the app will work on HSPA phones also.

Really now

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It has visual voice mail of a sort. What it does is lump all your text messages, email and voice mail into one app. Not the same as the pure VVM. I use messaging for txt messages and gmail for email and with the VVM app, voice mail is completely separate. Some folks may prefer the AT&T app though. That's one of the great things about android, we have a lot of choices!

Reactions: jbsj207

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Follow the link above if you want the simple VVM that comes free with LTE. If you use the messages app, it will deactivate the VVM from you account IF you already had it. I would recommending deleting the messages app then calling ATT to have them put the VVM back on your account, then install using the apk from GSLeon.

From a post I did on XDA:

Thank you to GSLEON3 for this link. The APK is on the first post of the thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1452330

1. Open the file and send the apk to your phone. I did this by copying and pasting the apk from the zip file, saving it and emailing the file it to my phone from my computer.

2. I downloaded the apk from the email on my GNote, went to the My Files app on the GNote found the apk in the download folder. Click to install. (make sure unknown sources is checked in the applications setting prior to installing)

3. Once installed it will try to call your voicemail once you open the app. (since I already had this set up on my account for my skyrocket, I entered my password and it loaded all of my saved voicemails) I was able to add visual voicemail from manage my account on the website back when I got the skyrocket.

I had this app on my skyrocket, added it to my ATT and International GNotes and it works fine on all three.

Reactions: randall2580

clmill79

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that the downloaded .apk works on the Note...but AT&T VVM won't even display as a downloadable option in the Market when browsing from your Note. Good job, Market.

Thanks again for the file link, though, as this solved my biggest complaint about the device. =P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone