Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

00hemi

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Welcome to the Samsung Epic 4G! Please introduce yourselves h

Hello everyone I'm new here I have owned my samsung epic for almost a year now I am glad to join the community and become a part of it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hello everyone I'm new here I have owned my samsung epic for almost a year now I am glad to join the community and become a part of it.

Welcome and were glad to have you apart of the Android Central family/community.

docktrekkor

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone. This is my 2nd android phone. My first phone was the samsung moment:mad: it gave me some headaches but I really like the epic 4g and Im happy with it :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hi everyone. This is my 2nd android phone. My first phone was the samsung moment:mad: it gave me some headaches but I really like the epic 4g and Im happy with it :)
Congrats on your Samsung Epic 4g. A very good friend of mine rocked his Moment up until a few weeks ago and was really happy with it. It was a decent device for its time, just a shame Samsung didn't support it further than they did.

Anyways I'm sure you will find all you need to know about your Epic 4g, right here... Any questions just ask.

Paul627g.

kylei

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone!!! This is my first Android phone ever and coming from a blackberry I thought I would be very disappointed but I was wrong. I fall more in LOVE with my Epic 4G everyday. Today marks 2 months since I ditched the crackberry and I must say I will NEVER go back!!!!!!!!:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hi everyone!!! This is my first Android phone ever and coming from a blackberry I thought I would be very disappointed but I was wrong. I fall more in LOVE with my Epic 4G everyday. Today marks 2 months since I ditched the crackberry and I must say I will NEVER go back!!!!!!!!:)

Welcome to the other side Meagen ;) Glad your enjoying your first Android phone and Epic 4g.

slownis

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi there. I got my epic 4g about 2 months ago and have been enjoying it alot. My prior phone was a blackberry 8700c, so you can understand the elation.

I have a couple questions. If they've been covered a million times I apologize.
1) My company requires me to set a password to connect to the corporate email. Is there a way to disable this feature? Its really annoying to type the 8 digit password every time the screen goes dark.
2) So far I've been going with no case. Is this asking for trouble? How sturdy is the glass on these phones? If I drop it, is it gonna shatter like so many iphones I've seen?

Aliryia202

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Hello!

I'm not new to Android but new to the Epic4G (kinda I got mine in May) and I'm very pleased with my choice to go with the Epic over the EVO.
I'd like to learn how to expand and learn more about Android and make my phone all that it can be. (Re-re and corny sounding I KNOW...but tis true)
I'd like to learn how to Root, Rom and all that good stuff.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hello!

I'm not new to Android but new to the Epic4G (kinda I got mine in May) and I'm very pleased with my choice to go with the Epic over the EVO.
I'd like to learn how to expand and learn more about Android and make my phone all that it can be. (Re-re and corny sounding I KNOW...but tis true)
I'd like to learn how to Root, Rom and all that good stuff.
Welcome to the Epic 4g.

We have a great section here with all needed to get you rooted and up and going on....

Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
forum_old.gif

You will find stickies in there to root and full INDEX of ROMs,themes, etc. available.

jhiciano

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Glad to be back to my epic, started with evo, got epic, went back to evo, now back to epic, , only thing the evo had on the epic was the screen size other than , not one thing I miss about it.

djraw

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Hi everyone. I'm defecting from PreCentral.net. I got my Palm Pre on launch day on Sprint and have had one every since then. Waiting. Waiting. And waiting for a new verison of my Pre. As most of you know, that's not gonna happen. So, I had purchased for my ex, and Epic 4G. I like it. So here I am, Just got my Epic 4G from Best Buy today. I'm pretty savvy wit WebOS as far as homebrew and such, but I haven't messed with anything on that level being I've never had and Android handset. So the question is, to root, or not to root? Do I really need to? I'm content with waiting for the newer Android handset updatest to push thru when they're released from the carrier, so why root?

mindlord70

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey group, I'm in Perris Ca. and truly a noob to this entire notion of rooting, forums, blogging and just really sharing my experiences on a social platform. However, I have been a techie since I was in 7th grade back in the 80's. I love my family, gaming, computers, and my phone (not in the order of course). Currently, i just switched from a Sprint EVO 4g non-rooted to the Epic 4g rooted by OnceCLick w/ CWM 3.1.0.1 and Busy-box. I would love to be able to switch out themes, overclock, tether my phone with ease, and becoming a developer. Right now I want to know how to get rid of bloatware or get my ROM deoxded. Thanks gang......:cool:

jimweda

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone! Recently moved from So Cal to Arizona, not sure why. :-\ Recently dumped my Samsung Instinct for the Epic 4G and hoping to soon leave the iPod Touch 2nd Gen at home once I can find everything Android so I don't need to carry both around. The biggest issue I do have is that there is no Android iTunes type apps where everything is stored, backed up and/or downloaded. I really miss the convenience and ease it brought to the iPod Touch. I listen to a lot of podcasts but there doesn't seem to be any really great places like the iTunes store where I can find all my favorite podcasts in one place.

First 2 weeks the Epic was almost tossed many times because one problem after the other. Tech's were of very little help and went through 3 exchanges. Finally I decided to stop messing with the Tech Support and just browse online and stop treating it like a Mac type device and more PC like. So far its been about a week and I finally have the Epic tuned right. Not so afraid to just try things on my own now and getting the hang of things. Well, hope everyone else is doing fine. Take care and I hope the Epic doesn't turn out to be an Epic Failure!

Jim

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Greetings and salutations! Just came over from Precentral, l-o-n-g-t-i-m-e PalmOS, webOS power user. Gave up once HP bailed on cell phones. Still have a TouchPad (that I love), but switched to Android cell with no remorse. Looking forward to screwing with another OS and getting help from those smarter than I. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to the Epic 4g, TheMacs.

Some may say your a bit late joining the Epic 4g party but I still believe this device has some good life left in it. Not to mention its an excellent device to get your feet wet in Android.

Glad to have you apart of the Android community.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Had my epic about two and half weeks loving it more everyday!!!:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Duddy, welcome too the Samsung Epic 4g section.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I've been posting here a bit recently, but don't think I did an intro. I'm not sure what to say, but I got my Epic about 1 year ago, and it's my first Android phone. I came over from Palm devices (PalmOS, not webOS), which I liked and generally worked fine for my needs. But they didn't seem to be going very far, and almost all app development seemed like it was for iPhones and Androids. I couldn't try all the new cool apps I was reading about on tech sites. So when I decided to upgrade, I went for an Android. I had basically narrowed it down to the Epic and the Evo, but the physical keyboard on the Epic was probably the big draw for me. I actually don't use it as much as I thought I would, but I still like having it. I've never rooted my phone, but I am considering it more seriously now, especially since I don't expect that the Epic will get an official Ice Cream Sandwich release. Rooting to do a bit of customizing might help me last until I'm eligible for an upgrade next year, at which point I'll probably go to the latest Nexus device. Don't get me wrong, the Epic's a good phone, when it works well, but I've had a lot of minor problems with it. Gingerbread seems to be helping, but I'm still thinking that root/ROM may be good, and getting away from Samsung with it's terrible OS update history would help (since Google supports the Nexus devices, I'd make an exception for that). I guess that's a decent summary for now. I'm not sure how active I'll be here, but I'll probably at least pop in now and then to read about what's going on and to hopefully find info or answers to questions I may have.