What are the 10 most frequently used apps on your 6p?

Knowledge26

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Just like thread title says. Ive never been one to use apps on my previous phones but this go around I want to get more into them. I was thinking about adding my 2 banking apps. So far I have just added 1weather and zedge but thats it besides what already comes with the phone

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Just like thread title says. Ive never been one to use apps on my previous phones but this go around I want to get more into them. I was thinking about adding my 2 banking apps. So far I have just added 1weather and zedge but thats it besides what already comes with the phone

My must have apps would be:
- Nova Prime: I tried to go without a launcher since it's my first Nexus phone but not being able to have smaller icons was driving me crazy lol. That and the gestures, though Nova is still very buggy with Marshmallow and especially the 6P (issues with imprint).

- Swiftkey: I've used it for so long that the predictions are spot on for me. So I prefer it over Google Keyboard.

- Fenix for Twitter: I like the option of having a dark theme.

- Solid Explorer: out of all the file explores I've tried, this one is the one I like the most. It's stable, customizable and just has a neat look. So I really recommend it.

- Portal: for transferring files from my computer to my phone over WiFi. It works pretty well.

- WhatsApp and Telegram: to talk to most of my friends/family. I have both because it depends on which one they use.

- Gsam Battery Monitor: so far I've had pretty good battery life but I still like to have it to see if there's any app that's draining more than it should.

- Waze: for directions. Here (in Costa Rica) it's pretty accurate and it's helped me out of getting lost a few times.

Didn't make it to 10 but hope this helps :)

Posted via the Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Everyone has different needs

Mine is

-Nova Launcher w/prime- launcher with a ton of options.
-OneDrive-cloud storage to sync across my laptops, iPad, iPhone and 6p
-TripIt-to keep track of my travels
-MXplayer-medis player
-Quickpick/Pikture-for photo viewing
-Facebook Messenger-to keep in touch with people when in traveling or overseas
-Solid Explorer-file viewer
-Concur-work travel expenses.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, mine are:

Chrome
fB
Messenger
Carbon (twitter)
Gmail
Amazon
Android central
Myfitnesspal
Mapmyfitness
Then a tie with candy crush/Google opinion rewards/yahoo fanstasy sports

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Great idea for a post! Here's mine...
SwiftKey
Nova prime
Google opinion rewards
Mma follower
Battery +
All in one toolbox
HD widgets
Multicon
Waze
Google news and weather
I tried to pick some not previously mentioned.

Lefank

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Great idea for a post! Here's mine...
SwiftKey
Nova prime
Google opinion rewards
Mma follower
Battery +
All in one toolbox
HD widgets
Multicon
Waze
Google news and weather
I tried to pick some not previously mentioned.

Lefank

I love Google opinion rewards. I get anywhere from 1-3 surveys a day and they range from free-.75¢ you get enough of those everyday and it adds up.

Knowledge26

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Im going to have to google the stuff everyone is listing many of these apps ive never heard before but like i stated on all my previous phones I basically just used my phone for texting internet browsing and calling but with the 6p I really want to get into using apps to make things easier, quicker, and convienent

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
To the OP, I have installed many of the apps listed above, including those you listed yourself. However, your question is most frequently used. Mine is going to sound really boring and I'll be the first to admit my phone is underutilized, but since it seems you weren't a big app user before, maybe my answer will have some use to you. So in no particular order and excluding those preinstalled like Gmail, Maps, Facebook, and Google Play Music all of which I use all the time:

Android Central (of course)
Calendar
Evernote
Crossy Road
Just Jumble
Fabulous
IMDB
Gre Dialer
LastPass
Sync.me
Battery HD

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher, Nine (for work email), Hangouts, Tapatalk, Pocketcasts, SwiftKey, Skype, Newsstand, Economist, Facebook

(also chrome, phone, and camera, but sort of obvious)

Add to that Buddify, Tunein Radio, Skype for Business, Authenticator, Amazon and Ebay and that's basically every app on my phone that didn't come pre-installed. My phone leads a very boring life.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Car Dashdroid
Tunein Radio
Chrome
Play Music
Moon reader
Tapatalk
Google+
Youtube
Gmail
FX File Explorer

As you can see my main smartphone activities are listening to music while driving (hence the car mode app in the list), watching videos, surfing the web, reading eBooks, news, email, and forums, and managing some of the files involved with all that with a file explorer. I plan to add my usual fitness app to that list when I get off my **** again

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
- Flud

-Youtube

-Google Play Books

-Google Play Music

-Archos Video Player

-MobileNation Applications

-Google Play Store

-Alarmy

-Duolingo

-Camera

-Chrome or RS Browser (has adblock night mode using Chromium)

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Google opinion rewards app for about a year now. And I've never received a survey... weird?

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The one's I use most besides Chrome, Gmail and the texting Messenger app:

1. SwiftKey
2. Android Central
3. Airdroid
4. Canada Weather and Radar
5. Cozi Calendar
6. Hangouts
7. HERE maps
8. Google Keep (love that app!!)
9. Facebook Messenger
10. My banking app

GC

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Chrome Beta
Inbox
Google Maps
Apex
Pocket Casts
FB Messenger
Hangouts
ScoreMobile
ES File Explorer
PushBullet
Several icon packs

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey cpaight. I haven't used ScoreMobile in a few years. When I last used it I had a Blackberry. Scoremobile was extremely laggy and was a battery hog. Can you please tell me if you see the same, or is it a quite satisfactory app. Thanks!!

GC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484