What are you upgrading from and why?

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Oneplus one was great last year for the price... Now others bringing it with their mid range pricing for high end device, why bother jumping through hoops for oneplus right? Plus have you ever tried getting any support from them? It's terrible and help desk only accessible via email
Google has excellent customer support. I had a speaker problem when my Nexus 6 was five months old and they replaced it with a brand new in the box N6. I'm on Project Fi and that support has been excellent too.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S6 because I have a serious problem lol

Also because it's a proper Nexus on Verizon (and not a whale like last year's).

Posted via the Android Central App

daydesign

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4. I'm tired of Samsung. All I've ever owned are Samsung Galaxy phones. I want a bigger phone and a pure Android experience. OnePlus 2 and Moto X Pure edition were on my short list. I just decided after the Google event to just take that leap of faith and get the Nexus 6p 64GB. I feel good about my decision.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 5... Gadget geek hoping for better camera and better volume in headset. Also will be interesting how I handle the bigger screen. I also have a Nexus 4 that I will likely sell, Nexus 5 will go into the backup slot and Nexus 6P will be the primary device.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC ONE M7-- Getting laggy, very poor battery life and my wife cracked her M7 screen, so I'll be damned if she was going to get a new Nexus and I wasnt!

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
the pain with using a N5 as a backup device is that the 6P uses a nano sim, so you can't just chuck the SIM from the 6P into the N5.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3, unlocked, international version. Why?

Because it's old af (Pristine phone, old tech)
It was passed down to me
I hate TouchWiz
Stock is best
The 6P is close to the ideal phone for me, TBD by reviews and battery longevity tests. Front stereo speakers, FTW.

:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
From a Note Edge. Tired of Samsung.
Can you please input some more data?
I never had a nexus phone before. Had been using samsung phones for years.

Thinking of switching to this 6P from the S6 for bigger screen and battery and price. Will I miss the speed and camera quality on the S6?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Note 4. I will never own another Sammy cell-. it's buggy and lags all the time as does my wifes. anyone who thinks not has never owned an HTC phone which is buttery smooth-. since HTC can't do a 4"7 phone my hope is the Nexus is as buttery smooth as HTC...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Coming from iPhone 6 Plus, ready to make the switch back to Android after having iPhones for the past 2+ years.

What about iOS don't you like or what about the Nexus is making you come back? Just curious, not trying to sway you one way or another.

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
From a Moto X 2015 Pure. Didn't like the Nexus 6 of 2014. This one seems to have the missing piece from all Nexus phones. A great camera. The Moto is no slouch, but pure Google is hard to beat.

seyahmit

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading from a 2015 Moto G. My Nexus 5 died on me a couple months ago and bought the Moto G to tie me over until the new Nexus line was released. When I get my 6P, my wife or daughter will get the G.

noamvent

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
nexus 5 ... i like this phone very much but battery going to fast and the screen is small to me .... the nexus 5 its one of the best if not the best phone i ever had (for the price point and the hi specs) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe