What Gallery app are you using on your Pixel?

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
As the title states. This is the first time I am using a Pixel (pure Android), so coming from Samsung phones, what is the best Gallery app in your opinion?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
As the title states. This is the first time I am using a Pixel (pure Android), so coming from Samsung phones, what is the best Gallery app in your opinion?
Default google photos for me. No need to use another as for me this is by far the best and packed with tons of features such as backup at high quality with unlimited storage.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I use the stock Google Photos app for most Gallery uses, and also have an app called Gallery KK installed that I paid for years ago. I like it's picture editing features a little better than Photos

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't really like Google Photos but with this last update it's much better imo. But you can also try Google Gallery Go and Simple Gallery Pro. They're nice alternatives, the latter being a paid app for $1.99 I believe.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Google photos of course. Free backup (good quality) and sync across all devices and PCs through Google photo website.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Photos here as well. But if you're looking for other options, then try F-Stop Gallery, which was recommended by the eminent JR Raphael (from Computerworld and Android Intelligence).

Whatever you do, DON'T INSTALL QUICKPIC. It used to be great, and then Cheetah Mobile bought it and turned it into a big heaping pile of dung.:mad:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My problem with Google photos is the album structure which I have in my phone is all random and over the place

The thing to keep in mind about Google Photos is that the main photos feed is pretty much every photo you've ever backed up, in chronological order -- it's not meant to offer any kind of organization besides by time. Where you can go nuts organizing is with the Albums feature. Albums are purely your own creation, and they're all virtual, rather than dependent on any physical folder structure. (I'm talking about the actual Albums feature, and not the Device Folders, which simply shows your various physical folders on the phone's storage.) The nice thing about virtual albums is that one photo can appear in any number of albums without having to duplicate the file -- you can't do that with physical folders.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The thing to keep in mind about Google Photos is that the main photos feed is pretty much every photo you've ever backed up, in chronological order -- it's not meant to offer any kind of organization besides by time. Where you can go nuts organizing is with the Albums feature. Albums are purely your own creation, and they're all virtual, rather than dependent on any physical folder structure. (I'm talking about the actual Albums feature, and not the Device Folders, which simply shows your various physical folders on the phone's storage.) The nice thing about virtual albums is that one photo can appear in any number of albums without having to duplicate the file -- you can't do that with physical folders.

I see what you mean. The reason I was saying the albums are messed up is I just opened the app and there was a folder named Rio (one of my cats) and I had 2 photos of me in there so I thought the the Photos app mis-recognized me as a cat
8Yb0Sav.gif
So I checked that folder on my computer and I had accidentally put 2 photos of me in there while I was copy/pasting files from the DCIM folder so it was my fault. I'll continue to use the Photos app then as I also like how it can detect/show the 360 photos I've taken.

Meanwhile, I've also tried the Gallery app that the Catwoman above suggested but it has the same folder structure as the Photos app not according to the file hierarchy I have on my phone's storage and it has no settings whatsoever to change anything so might as well just use the Photos app in that case.

tragicmike

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Do any of the recommended third party apps (or Gallery Go from Google) allow the user to flip/mirror a photo horizontally and/or vertically without losing exif or other metadata, or creating another file? It's ridiculous and shameful that the Google Photos app is missing a feature to simply mirror/flip an image while leaving all of the other data of the original file intact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao