What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to KitKat ?

Harmony924

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
You did it, whodunit! I also use notification toggle (and love it) and had the accessibility settings set to remind me every five minutes if I had an unread notification. Thank you for solving my problem!

Last edited:

Concerned Granny

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank You so much. All of a sudden my phone started doing this at 03:00 this morning. It was driving me crazy.

Now it is fixed so easy after I followed your direction.

JDSardone

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Wow thank you so much, This 5 min notification was driving me nuts after my phone updated to Android 5.0.
I am guessing it was because my "gentle alarm clock" is always listed in my notifications bar.

For anyone experiencing this in android 5.0 on my Samsung S5 the location is a little different
Settings/system/accessibility/vision

...Why is this under vision and not in the sound and notification?

Tocool4az

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
For me (note 4) it was in accessibility notification . When you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can select which apps notify you and you can turn off apps that constantly run that you don't need notification on. Thank to all that pointed me in the right direction

Last edited:

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Thank you! This maybe a year old, this may list an older Droid OS (KitKat vs Lollipop), but it is just as relevant then as it is right now! This is exactly the same problem as I have been facing and be darned if I could find an answer, that is until I found this tonight as the first hit from Google Search, and THANK YOU! LOL 😂 This problem has been driving me absolutely NUCKEN FUTS! For last last couple months, and probably since KitKat, I couldn't tell you for sure but it's been going on for a long time and everytime I thought I found a post explaining it, YES....... um, no, that wasn't it... It was such a let down everytime. But not this time! BINGO! I can't thank you enough for this post. My battery thanks you and I thank you! Great job!