What is this?

Megan716

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Okay this is going to sound weird but it's gone. It was there an hr ago on my phone and I just noticed it was gone. Lol wow. Very weird.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Other common offenders that come to mind include ES File Explorer, Flash Keyboard, Z Camera, and anything from APUS. Any of that ring a bell?

It looks similar to Omni Swipe, but not quite a perfect match.

How many apps do you have installed? If it's not a ridiculous amount, could you list them?

Tazio Nuvo

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6: Had Search Buzz, as seen above. Uninstalled Photo Editor and the adware was gone. We don't know where that app came from.

Megan716

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
It was a photo editor app that I had deleted! It was 2 photo editor apps and 1 game where the last ones I added. And so I deleted all 3 to see if it was them and it fixed itself so I'm thinking it was one of the photo editor apps. I can't remember what they where know. Sorry.

Colman1976

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I had the same trouble and it was winding me up.. go into your installed applications and fir something called
PHOTO EDITOR .... uninstall it and it will be gone.. i found it in my applications uninstalled it and its gone now.. happy days.. good luck people.. let me know how you get on.

Cdhouse

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue. How did you get rid of it. It is so annoying!!

It was an app called "my camera" took me all morning to find. I think it's a yellow camera for the app.

Looks like this. I reinstalled to make sure. Still give you the swipe from corner of screen with the magnifying glass there but it didn't pop up on my phone e yet, so there must be a way to disable it. But as soon as I deleted this all the magnifying glass was gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-10-08-51-14-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-10-08-51-14-1.png
    329 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

joyjoyjoy7

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. What phone do you have?
A Samsung Android 7

My problem is that when I ran an update a search bar popped up on the home page and NOTHING can remove it. I know how to get rid of applications but not this one. If you can help me, fine. If not let me know and I will just call my company,

Is anyone there?

Must be sleeping. Bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike1105

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem I keep getting ads either after missed calls or when charging. When I press the corner of the screen I have an app wheel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181117-113843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181117-113843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 9

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem I keep getting ads either after missed calls or when charging. When I press the corner of the screen I have an app wheel
Welcome to the forums. That's the 'swipe' feature included in apps like ES File Explorer, some antivirus, photo and video editors, apps by Cheetah Mobile, GO out DU, etc. There's an easy way to identify which app is the culprit. Enable the developer options and check the running services when that menu is opened. The culprit should be there.

Mike1105

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That's the 'swipe' feature included in apps like ES File Explorer, some antivirus, photo and video editors, apps by Cheetah Mobile, GO out DU, etc. There's an easy way to identify which app is the culprit. Enable the developer options and check the running services when that menu is opened. The culprit should be there.

Hey Thanks for the quick reply 😎👌🏻 The thing is I don't have any aps like that at all and it all started after I updated my note 9. So I'm going to try enabling Developer option. How do I go about that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey Thanks for the quick reply The thing is I don't have any aps like that at all and it all started after I updated my note 9. So I'm going to try enabling Developer option. How do I go about that.
Tap 7-10 times the build number in settings - about phone. Take a screenshot of the running services screen and post it here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail