What is your fav email app?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What type of account?

My main account is an Exchange/Active sync account and Nine is by far my favorite.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Nine is by far the best in my opinion. I've played around with tons of them, and within a few minutes of interacting with Nine, I knew I had found the one. The developers also consistently update it with new features and improvements.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you use your Gmail account you should use Inbox. It is far superior to the Gmail app

FWIW, there are a few things that the stock Gmail app can do that the InBox app cannot - mark an email that you've read as unread; star a conversation; mute a conversation. It also seems more flexible about replying to messages. I use InBox for almost everything, but I do use the stock Gmail app for things like that.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Nine for Exchange
Aqua Mail for Gmail (imap sync)

Not only do these work great, but they both have Calibri font and email headers that look identical to your desktop Microsoft Outlook. So your phone emails will look professional as if coming from your work computer.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My biggest problem with using any other app than Gmail or InBox is GMail's category inbox - Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums. I have InBox set to alert me only with Primary and the rest - which Gmail does a fantastic (actually, perfect) job with sorting out for me - are all not worth being reminded of every time I receive one.

Again, Outlook comes closest with its Focused vs. Other mailboxes. Again, it learns what is critical/important over time. What I love about InBox (and Outlook), in addition, is the ability to "snooze" a message to come back later / tomorrow / this weekend / next week / whenever I want. I' couldn't manage with any other email app without these features.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
What type of account?

My main account is an Exchange/Active sync account and Nine is by far my favorite.

havent tried nine on this phone yet but i do like it a lot. Have always slightly preferred toughdown though for exchange. That said, the stock email app is working fairly well for me right now with exchange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777