What mobile data speeds are you getting on your note 3?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I got this yesterday. Which is meh, for most of you guys, but awesome for me in the boonies.

agu7asup.jpg

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I got this yesterday. Which is meh, for most of you guys, but awesome for me in the boonies.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/24/agu7asup.jpg

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Thanks for telling me which app! :) (also thanks to dpham and to Madd for keeping everyone on their toes! Haha)

At best, I get about the same speeds as you, ms. I'm not in the boonies, though - north san diego.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My speed tests aren't very fast compared to what you guys are posting.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1403594033038.jpg
    1403594033038.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 16

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got this at a Subway during lunch.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1403650346816.jpg
    1403650346816.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 14

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
In London at Wimbledon I got 5.69 download on 4G

Better or worse than at home on 3g?

I am about 3 miles from there. Highest I got on my 3g carrier/network was 17.

I can now switch carriers as I am within 30 days of contract end on Talkmobile.

I am bummed as a Three store said there was a 2000gb limit on their top sim, with free tethering (only on sim contracts).

Turns out looking online, via chat and phone support - it is 1000gb and 2000 minutes. Thats absolutely still great, easy error to make. It's 4G and virtually unlimited, but it also states they use 'Traffic Sense©'so we know what that means in a busy area.

What could be a deal breaker is the small print that says tethering has a 2gb limit. That makes it pointless for me.

I may still go to with them on a lower minutes tariff without tethering. I have a data sim already with Three for a Mifi/hotspot and the store said they could end the 1 month contract when I switch to the full sim deal, thinking tethering was unlimited.

Can't have my cake and eat it I guess, but it would have cut my bills by half.

EE are doing an interesting disposable sim deal via Amazon and eBay. I may try that.

ebunubas.jpg

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I am bummed as a Three store said there was a 2000gb limit on their top sim, with free tethering (only on sim contracts).

Turns out looking online, via chat and phone support - it is 1000gb and 2000 minutes. Thats absolutely still great, easy error to make. It's 4G and virtually unlimited, but it also states they use 'Traffic Sense©'so we know what that means in a busy area.

What could be a deal breaker is the small print that says tethering has a 2gb limit. That makes it pointless for me.

I may still go to with them on a lower minutes tariff without tethering. I have a data sim already with Three for a Mifi/hotspot and the store said they could end the 1 month contract when I switch to the full sim deal, thinking tethering was unlimited.

EE are doing an interesting disposable sim deal via Amazon and eBay. I may try that.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/ebunubas.jpg
Well I'm on three and still don't have 4G here yet. I'm on H+ and get about 1.6

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can get much higher speeds on my Note 3 than my Huawei H+ dongle / wifi hotspot in the same place. My phone sim is using the Vodafone network, the data sim is on Three so I am not sure how good 4g on Three will be.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/ebunubas.jpg

Traffic sense can throttle file sharing and tethering during peak hours.

" We don’t constrain the amount of data you can use (subject to your data allowances, of course). But, for example, between 3pm and 12 midnight, we dedicate a certain amount of bandwidth to file sharing and to tethering, so that all other types of traffic can make the most of the rest of it. We don’t block file sharing. We just manage it at times when it affects other people trying to use our network."

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI..._cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj(4046)

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Traffic sense can throttle file sharing and tethering during peak hours.

" We don’t constrain the amount of data you can use (subject to your data allowances, of course). But, for example, between 3pm and 12 midnight, we dedicate a certain amount of bandwidth to file sharing and to tethering, so that all other types of traffic can make the most of the rest of it. We don’t block file sharing. We just manage it at times when it affects other people trying to use our network."

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI..._cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj(4046)

Yes I figured it was something like that but didn't look it up.

I still won't know what that means in practice in my densely populated area.
Still peeved with Three about the 2gb tethering limit, and I have already been a data customer for 4 years on full and rolling contracts.
I may go with EE/T-Mobile as the next best thing. Theirs is a 15gb max with full tethering @ £23. Any other carriers have 2, 3 or 5gb limits. Ridiculous really.
15 gb total is roughly twice what I have been using, but I want to stream more on demand tv.
Three's 1000gb limit is useless when you can only have 2gb of tethering.
I have 27 days roughly to see if any better deals come out in July. They might.
Or Amazon / eBay do a 10gb EE Direct sim for £15 including £15 phone credit and can be tethered, but you can only get 2 in a 90 day period.

I may emigrate to the US.

Anyone up for adopting me? 🙌

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I figured it was something like that but didn't look it up.

I still won't know what that means in practice in my densely populated area.
Still peeved with Three about the 2gb tethering limit, and I have already been a data customer for 4 years on full and rolling contracts.
I may go with EE/T-Mobile as the next best thing. Theirs is a 15gb max with full tethering @ £23. Any other carriers have 2, 3 or 5gb limits. Ridiculous really.
15 gb total is roughly twice what I have been using, but I want to stream more on demand tv.
Three's 1000gb limit is useless when you can only have 2gb of tethering.
I have 27 days roughly to see if any better deals come out in July. They might.
Or Amazon / eBay do a 10gb EE Direct sim for £15 including £15 phone credit and can be tethered, but you can only get 2 in a 90 day period.

I may emigrate to the US.

Anyone up for adopting me? 🙌

Afaik, the only plan that allows for unlimited hotspot is the legacy Verizon Unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data with the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot add on. The nice thing about Verizon Unlimited is you can put it in a tablet and get unlimited tablet data as well. Verizon is the only US carrier to allow unlimited hotspot and unlimited tablet data. You would have to assume liability of an unlimited data line, you can not get it on a new line of service. Price wise, a single line would be around $100 with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data and unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. Without the hotspot, it would be $70. Verizon Unlimited is truly unlimited Afaik, not throttled in any way and no data limits. I have used 5 terabytes a cycle before with no issues.

T-Mobile offers unlimited data with 5gb of tethering. You have to pay I think $10 for each 2gb above that.

Verizon and AT&T current offerings include hotspot in the plan but data price is expensive, if you use a lot of data as they don't offer unlimited data on current plans.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That T-Mobile plan isn't bad.

So that thread 6 months ago with many posting 50, 80, 150, 200gb+ regularly and many more above 20gb, were they on old, upgraded, family or home broadband inclusive plans?

How would you use 100+ gb without tethering. Is Chromecast and other devices not considered tethering?
Would you download video and attach to a tv or pc. Samsung tv screen mirroring is another I guess if you have their tv.

I have to look into the 15gb EE/T-Mobile plan later after being in a store. You won't get the best deals in store usually.
EE took over the Orange and T-Mobile networks here but still push those brands. I have a feeling the T-Mobile deal I was pushed may not be 4g, and not have data add ons.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Afaik, the only plan that allows for unlimited hotspot is the legacy Verizon Unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data with the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot add on. The nice thing about Verizon Unlimited is you can put it in a tablet and get unlimited tablet data as well. Verizon is the only US carrier to allow unlimited hotspot and unlimited tablet data. You would have to assume liability of an unlimited data line, you can not get it on a new line of service. Price wise, a single line would be around $100 with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data and unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. Without the hotspot, it would be $70. Verizon Unlimited is truly unlimited Afaik, not throttled in any way and no data limits. I have used 5 terabytes a cycle before with no issues.

T-Mobile offers unlimited data with 5gb of tethering. You have to pay I think $10 for each 2gb above that.

Verizon and AT&T current offerings include hotspot in the plan but data price is expensive, if you use a lot of data as they don't offer unlimited data on current plans.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. 👍

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That T-Mobile plan isn't bad.

So that thread 6 months ago with many posting 50, 80, 150, 200gb+ regularly and many more above 20gb, were they on old, upgraded, family or home broadband inclusive plans?

How would you use 100+ gb without tethering. Is Chromecast and other devices not considered tethering?
Would you download video and attach to a tv or pc. Samsung tv screen mirroring is another I guess if you have their tv.

I have to look into the 15gb EE/T-Mobile plan later after being in a store. You won't get the best deals in store usually.
EE took over the Orange and T-Mobile networks here but still push those brands. I have a feeling the T-Mobile deal I was pushed may not be 4g, and not have data add ons.

On Verizon, 200 gb on a current plan would cost a lot. So,I would guess that they have the legacy unlimited data plan. Chromecast I don't believe counts as tethering, only if you tether to a device using the wifi hotspot app. I pay for unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot too, but you can definitely use 100gb without hotspot with streaming and lots of downloading.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How would you use 100+ gb without tethering.

Easy :). Downloading a bunch and streaming a lot. Below is my usage right now... I average between 40-80 a month.. But that's average.. I've spiked in the high 150s before.. Just depends what I do during that month.

My bill resets on the 6th every month.

Attachments

• 1403802341517.jpg
    1403802341517.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 7

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Easy :). Downloading a bunch and streaming a lot. Below is my usage right now... I average between 40-80 a month.. But that's average.. I've spiked in the high 150s before.. Just depends what I do during that month.

My bill resets on the 6th every month.

Thanks. I remember you were the 1st to knock my socks off in that thread with about 85gb.

Would you watch that video portion on the Note screen, or hook it to something bigger? That's what I was wondering. ☺

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I remember you were the 1st to knock my socks off in that thread with about 85gb.

Would you watch that video portion on the Note screen, or hook it to something bigger? That's what I was wondering. ☺

Oh I'd prefer bigger.. Like at home I stream to my PC or cast it to my Chromecast... But this is mainly when I'm out so I just settle for my Note screen :).

Dpham has hit as high as 5 TB mobile data on Verizon and I've done 1 TB on T-Mobile. We decided to push our connections to the max one month....... Well I guess I didn't do the max since I only went to 1 TB and stopped... Didn't want to make T-Mobile mad lol :D.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has typically stricter policies, so if Verizon didn't say anything then I don't see why tmobile would