What Phone are you switching from?

JJBetty7

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
P2 64GB Black to P3 64GB Not Pink but only if there is some sort of Black Friday/Cyber Monday offer. I'm a single line on Project Fi. The $300 trade in offer just isn't enough for me to make the jump especially with the $150 price jump fro P2 to P3. I can wait for the P4 if I have to but really don't want to!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 9's camera can't compete with the Pixel 3 XL. And the Pixel 3 XL offers monthly security updates.

I may keep the Note 9 for a gaming phone. Or I might sell it and get the Razer Phone 2.

I have a fully paid off note 9 and it sucks... the camera is horrendous. I went back to my Pixel 2XL. I'll be trading my note 9 toward the Pixel 3XL this week, and keeping the pixel 2XL as a backup.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Debating REALLY hard on switching from iPhone X to Pixel 3. I've only really had iPhones for almost three years (6s Plus to iPhone X), and I'm mostly content with them. But I'm also pretty tired/bored with it and just really don't like the idea of having to fork out $1200+ for a phone. And then tossing in a $500 Apple Watch, it just seems like such a HUGE investment for something I like but don't love. But I get really cold feet when it comes to leaving my little cocoon of iMessage. The only saving grace is that I literally have nothing else in the Apple ecosystem and used Android pretty much exclusively from 2010 to 2015.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Likely switching from my current S9 I've had several Samsung's and every single one gets laggy and buggy and I am tired of it. Thought of turning to the dark side and go iPhone but don't really want to so I may give the Pixel 3 a go to try pure Android.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a fully paid off note 9 and it sucks... the camera is horrendous. I went back to my Pixel 2XL. I'll be trading my note 9 toward the Pixel 3XL this week, and keeping the pixel 2XL as a backup.

Sold my note 9 this weekend to a buddy and will use that to pay off the pixel when it arrives.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Debating REALLY hard on switching from iPhone X to Pixel 3. I've only really had iPhones for almost three years (6s Plus to iPhone X), and I'm mostly content with them. But I'm also pretty tired/bored with it and just really don't like the idea of having to fork out $1200+ for a phone. And then tossing in a $500 Apple Watch, it just seems like such a HUGE investment for something I like but don't love. But I get really cold feet when it comes to leaving my little cocoon of iMessage. The only saving grace is that I literally have nothing else in the Apple ecosystem and used Android pretty much exclusively from 2010 to 2015.

Lol! Didn't you go through this torture last year, as well? If I remember correctly, the internal debate almost wore you out

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching over from an iPhone 7.
I've looked at the pixels last year and was intrigued, but still under contract.
This year I was comparing to the new iPhones and decided to give the Pixel a try.

Congratulations! Let us know when it arrives and how you are liking it!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Lol!! :D:D:D

Good luck with it the year!:cool:

I hate that iMessage has turned into a crutch. There really isn’t much that I LOVE about iOS and iPhones. There just isn’t anything that I hate. And it makes it easy to communicate with most of my family who all have iPhones. But I definitely prefer having some freedom with my devices and Google’s stuff lately, while very expensive, is pretty stellar too and you can still get more bang for your buck over Apple’s gear.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So long old friend. You were always there when I needed you. Even with a SD 821 and super handy wide angle lens.
021761a7fde98ece6f0ed54598065dd0.jpg

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I hate that iMessage has turned into a crutch. There really isn’t much that I LOVE about iOS and iPhones. There just isn’t anything that I hate. And it makes it easy to communicate with most of my family who all have iPhones. But I definitely prefer having some freedom with my devices and Google’s stuff lately, while very expensive, is pretty stellar too and you can still get more bang for your buck over Apple’s gear.

Indeed, Apple knows that iMessage is a reason most people stay with iOS and its ability to work seamless between its multiple devices is impressive. There really is nothing horrible or poor from iOS, my reason for coming back to Android mainly related to not liking the new iPhone hardware designs (lack of finger print, notch forced) and their prices.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Indeed, Apple knows that iMessage is a reason most people stay with iOS and its ability to work seamless between its multiple devices is impressive. There really is nothing horrible or poor from iOS, my reason for coming back to Android mainly related to not liking the new iPhone hardware designs (lack of finger print, notch forced) and their prices.

Well said. Finger print sensor was one of my mean reasons to switch as well.

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree if iMessage was available on Android my decision would have happened a lot faster to preoder the Pixel 3. Ill be keeping my 7+ likely as a backup but dont expect to have issues, i never had any Google/Android issues with my 6P over the year i had it (my problems were associated to hardware). I dont have the iWatch but i do have the Air Pods, thankfully they work on Android (minus some features).

Also, how did you enjoy using google services on iOS? I found while theyre available the experience wasnt very good (no cohesive experience) and drained the battery a lot. Thats my experience anyway, i noticed this right away going to iOS from Android that was a hard adjustment because i much prefer Google's way.

I have no complaints about the google suite on the phone. I really don't notice any battery issues with it. The iWatch I have found myself enjoying a lot more than I had my Moto Watch. In this day and age, the watch allows me to leave my phone on the desk and only care when I get a notification. I had found myself sitting there looking at my phone like Pavlov's dog waiting for the led notification light to see if I had a message. It feels nice to be a bit more disconnected in some way. It may be a personal habit, but as soon as I tried out the pixel 2xl I noticed I was doing it again looking at the always on screen for a message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjay