What Screen Protectors Are You Ordering?

theDrSky125

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
I know this is like finding the Holy Grail for everyone but I'm getting a Ringke Onyx case for my S24u and I'm looking for complementing it with a glass screen protector that: 1) is edge-to-edge as nearly as possible, 2) covers the front camera (no notch), and 3) mostly preserves the fingerprint unlock function. Has anyone found a great protector for use with the Ringke Onyx?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this is like finding the Holy Grail for everyone but I'm getting a Ringke Onyx case for my S24u and I'm looking for complementing it with a glass screen protector that: 1) is edge-to-edge as nearly as possible, 2) covers the front camera (no notch), and 3) mostly preserves the fingerprint unlock function. Has anyone found a great protector for use with the Ringke Onyx?
You may want to rethink the screen protector. I tried two glass ones and gave up on both of them! First of all the ultrasonic FP sensor is NOT as quick-and-easy as an optical one such as you will find on most OnePlus phones. In fact, of all the under glass FP sensors I have ever used OnePlus makes the best IMO! Now the one on the S24U works just fine once you get your prints registered. But once you install a glass screen protector they all drop to a less than 30% accuracy...and I re-registered them AFTER the screen protector was installed. No sensitivity setting helped at all. YMMV

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You may want to rethink the screen protector. I tried two glass ones and gave up on both of them! First of all the ultrasonic FP sensor is NOT as quick-and-easy as an optical one such as you will find on most OnePlus phones. In fact, of all the under glass FP sensors I have ever used OnePlus makes the best IMO! Now the one on the S24U works just fine once you get your prints registered. But once you install a glass screen protector they all drop to a less than 30% accuracy...and I re-registered them AFTER the screen protector was installed. No sensitivity setting helped at all. YMMV
Really wow! Cause I am afraid to take the phone out tonight without a screen protector. We are going to hear some live music and I want to take pictures and video. Husband said he wants a tempered glass one cause of the flat screen again but Best Buy doesn't have the zagg glass elite but the fusion one we have now with no fp issues. Now I am concerned which brands did you try?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, there is a video showing sand, and gravel being tossed onto the screen and rubbed in to the glass by hand with no ill effects. So, apparently the geniuses at Gorilla Glass have finally come up with a screen that actually can withstand some fairly serious abuse. I think if I remember correctly that the scratch level went from a 7 (where they all scratched in the past) up to a level 8! So if you don't stand on it face down I think you'll be OK. I would certainly ask some more people what they're using and how well their FP sensors work after installation!

Reactions: BEaRebel

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I got the Spigen tempered glass protector for my S24 Ultra. Now that we have flat screens, these now longer need to be UV curing. The installation process was extremely simple and so far I'm quite happy with it.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, there is a video showing sand, and gravel being tossed onto the screen and rubbed in to the glass by hand with no ill effects. So, apparently the geniuses at Gorilla Glass have finally come up with a screen that actually can withstand some fairly serious abuse. I think if I remember correctly that the scratch level went from a 7 (where they all scratched in the past) up to a level 8! So if you don't stand on it face down I think you'll be OK. I would certainly ask some more people what they're using and how well their FP sensors work after installation!
I'm using ESR tempered glass, and the fingerprint sensor is fine other than needing to be pressed on a little harder.

I'm actually thinking of taking it off though... As you say, the screen seems to be incredibly resilient to scratching, but screen protectors will still protect against smashing and cracking.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
How do like WSKEN offering?
The installation was different than anything I had done before, and it worked very well. I "can" recommend them, but then again I do not like having to push so hard to get my fingerprint to be recognized! I'm willing to bet that all of the glass screen protectors from the el-cheapos to the high dollar ones will all be the same in the end. So I guess it just matters what's important to you!

Reactions: JawjaBill

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I had the amFilm tempered glass screen protectors on my Pixles and my previous Note's and was happy with them. I like the installer alignment tool, and they're inexpensive at $8.50.

I'm getting a S24U and a S24 Plus and already have two screen protectors sitting waiting.

I got these for my parents. Install was truly the easiest screen protector install of my life and flawlessly aligned.

It absolutely took the screen from less glare to glare central, but they need the added security of it and one is prone to scratching the screen so they're okay with the tradeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha