What should I get?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No. iOS has superior battery life because of hardware optimizations and the more restrictive way it handles app background operations and multitasking.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
New forum rule: everybody who complains about Samsung build quality from now on will be considered jealous.

Seriously, ever since the original Galaxy S with these people. They're almost as bad as the Apple fanboys. -_-

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
New forum rule: everybody who complains about Samsung build quality from now on will be considered jealous.

Seriously, ever since the original Galaxy S with these people. They're almost as bad as the Apple fanboys. -_-

Well, before the Note 3, all their phones felt like crap in your hand. The Note 3 and S5 are the first Samsung phones in a while that have actually flet good in your hand.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A new back doesn't make for overall subpar build quality. I use a Lumia 1020 and an M8. I'm also getting a moto X. All the companies with good build quality.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
A new back doesn't make for overall subpar build quality. I use a Lumia 1020 and an M8. I'm also getting a moto X. All the companies with good build quality.
I was a bit tongue-in-cheek there, but I should clarify my position: I'm not talking about people who have or have had or have a friend who has or even who picked up in a store a Samsung device that had problems and want to talk about it. If you've had a lot of Samsung devices that broke, after all, it's worth telling people about. I'm talking about the thinly (or not at all) veiled "I don't like the way it looks so you shouldn't buy it" comments. No, if you don't like the way it looks, you shouldn't buy it.

There's a difference between offering advice and projection. We should be helping people to make the decisions they need help making by providing information and insight. If they walk into a store, pick up a device, and say "this looks and feels good" or "this is a cheesy piece of crap," that's usually a decision they can make on their own. The line between style and function is admittedly thin in places, but it does exist. We ought to be wary of making others out to be somehow wrong for not adhering to our preferences.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
No. iOS has superior battery life because of hardware optimizations and the more restrictive way it handles app background operations and multitasking.

But is the nexus 5 at least going to get me through a day of use? I put my phone on the charger every night anyway.

Is it at least better than what my old nexus 4 was?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Reports vary, but the consensus seems to be that the N5 has roughly the same battery life as the N4, perhaps slightly better.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Reports vary, but the consensus seems to be that the N5 has roughly the same battery life as the N4, perhaps slightly better.

mmmm, don't know how I feel about that. I remember having trouble getting through a full day on my old nexus 4. Actually, battery was the reason I then went back to a iphone :/ hopefully it'll be fine.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well i woke up at 10am this morning & have been using (my Nexus 5) to post on here & fb and reading articles, my battery is now at 46% i would say that is average use, if I'm using it for uploads, downloads, and using the camera (heavy use) then half a day and you will have to charge again.

For the moderate user the Nexus 5's battery is ok.

Anything extensive and look to the G2 or the Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I heard from a few places that the nexus 5 needs a few days to calibrate its battery use, or something like that. Like, it improves a good bit after half a week or so.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

They are indeed. I'm sitting here with a 3yrld GS2 and typing this on my year old GS4 32GB, both still running and looking good.

Samsung build quality is excellent, just because something is made of shiny polycarbonate and is light so as to be comfortable to hold and use they jump to the conclusion that its "cheap".

No point arguing with such ignorance.

LCFC Tom

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Personally I love my m8. Had a gs2 and the charging port broke twice and the phone got scuffed up easy so they some of the reason I didn't get a s5 even though I'm sure it's a good phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38