What would be a deal breaker for you in getting the Galaxy S6?

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
For us phone geeks on this forum the removable battery may be a big deal but for the general public I dont see it being a huge issue. Most ppl arent walking around with spare batteries to swap out. Most just carry their chargers if they need it. Now the lack of a SD card slot may raise some eyebrows.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For us phone geeks on this forum the removable battery may be a big deal but for the general public I dont see it being a huge issue. Most ppl arent walking around with spare batteries to swap out. Most just carry their chargers if they need it. Now the lack of a SD card slot may raise some eyebrows.

My eyebrows are raised.....

But it certainly depends on what the base model memory will be. 16 is not enough for me, I could manage with 32 (though it would be a pain), 64 internal would be ideal.

Note 4 has 32 here in the states, but also has microsd. Maybe they will offer 32 as the base and 64 as a $50 or $100 option upgrade. Maybe the microSD is hidden in the volume buttons like the Droid Turbo hides the sim. Will be interesting to see in the coming weeks.

I think for smartphone enthusiasts, not offering a removable battery (and hence no more ZeroLemon-heads walking around creating their own gravity wells sucking small pets and children into their event horizon) would be bad. But then not offering expandable storage would send the enthusiasts over the edge.

But I agree that the sheep won't care one way or the other.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yup agreed
I honestly prefer a removable battery, and I did battery swap, but once I switch to the Z3 (non-removable battery), it wasnt that bad....the only hope is that if the battery is non-removable, then it better be efficient and last long

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
TBH, given the Note 4's and Note Edge's great designs and build I can't see why they'd need to remove the replaceable batteries except to cut costs. Mainstream customers may care more about a thinner or less expensive phone then they do about replaceable batteries. The good thing is that we'll know shortly.

from the✒ Note Pro 12.2 📒📡

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yup agreed
I honestly prefer a removable battery, and I did battery swap, but once I switch to the Z3 (non-removable battery), it wasnt that bad....the only hope is that if the battery is non-removable, then it better be efficient and last long

That's it for me. I could care less about having a removable battery (I have never swapped my S5's out, but I never purchased a secondary battery either) so long as the phone could get me through the day without needing to be recharged. I also agree with your opinion regarding Samsung's cameras in low-light conditions. My fiance's Note 4 doesn't take better pictures than my S5 in low-light settings. It's fine for everything else but not low-light. That would be a welcome improvement.

Prince Alexander

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Battery size is not the final deciding factor on battery performance. The Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4 have similar battery size. And the note 4 beats it by a landslide.

Lunar eclipse

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

It's much easier to carry a spare battery than a spare charger!

When i go up on the high peaks or in the deep back country of Colorado or the west for a week or even for a very long 18 hour or weekend trip, having a spare battery can be a life saver at virtually no weight at all.

A charger... is USELESS!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I change mine out every day. My wife just did it this morning. Plenty of people do it. They even made a commercial about it because it's a selling point. So you should just speak for yourself, not everyone else.

Agreed. I love being able to swap out my note 4's battery.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Really? why is that?
Thats what I said at first too, but when I got the Xperia Z3 (no removable battery). I realized it wasn't a big deal, though I personally prefer a removable battery
I have games that run a full battery to zero in two hours. So they are basically unplayable on a phone with a fixed battery. Additionally, I went to a Moto X after years of Samsungs, and went right back to my Samsung after two weeks. Main reason: tired of being a slave to the outlet and tired of always looking at my battery all day and worrying if it was time to plug it in for an hour or more. So I went back to my three batteries, two chargers, never plug in or worry about battery life lifestyle. And I'm never going back until it takes less than 30 min to do a full charge. Otherwise, I have too many other things to worry about and plan around than if my phone is charged.

I guess for folks who don't use their phones much, they wouldn't care either way.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have games that run a full battery to zero in two hours. So they are basically unplayable on a phone with a fixed battery. Additionally, I went to a Moto X after years of Samsungs, and went right back to my Samsung after two weeks. Main reason: tired of being a slave to the outlet and tired of always looking at my battery all day and worrying if it was time to plug it in for an hour or more. So I went back to my three batteries, two chargers, never plug in or worry about battery life lifestyle. And I'm never going back until it takes less than 30 min to do a full charge. Otherwise, I have too many other things to worry about and plan around than if my phone is charged.

I guess for folks who don't use their phones much, they wouldn't care either way.
Well said, I too have three batteries. I run a phone down pretty fast, and have multiple push notification running. It's silly to shut down most apps in fear of a dead phone. I spent a lot of money on this thing. I'm not going to nueter it just because battery technology lags behind. When I leave the house or getting low, it's nice to top off a fresh one. If I'm out for an extended time, I throw a spare in my pocket. For me this option is invaluable. To not have a removable battery it is a deal breaker on any phone. I really hope Samsung continues IMO their most important feature...

ngkthea

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Small internal storage, bad camera quality for front and back cameras.
Also, Samsung screens break every time I drop it.
I think I ust have bad luck with Samsung.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Well said, I too have three batteries. I run a phone down pretty fast, and have multiple push notification running. It's silly to shut down most apps in fear of a dead phone. I spent a lot of money on this thing. I'm not going to nueter it just because battery technology lags behind. When I leave the house or getting low, it's nice to top off a fresh one. If I'm out for an extended time, I throw a spare in my pocket. For me this option is invaluable. To not have a removable battery it is a deal breaker on any phone. I really hope Samsung continues IMO their most important feature...
Yup, and I don't get consumers not demanding this. When we all had cell phones that lasted a week on a charge, EVERY SINGLE CELL PHONE had a removable battery. All we did was talk and text, and the battery lasted so long it didn't need to be removable. Now we use smartphones that last less than one day and we do everything in our life on them, in addition to the talk/text we always did, why at that point would you remove the feature that had been standard on EVERY SINGLE CELL PHONE when it is needed more than ever? It's complete insanity, as far as I am concerned. Makes sense for manufacturers, because they need you to keep buying new phones every year or two, even though I have a five-year old Droid Incredible that still works like it always did. The phones work for a long time and phone tech is topping out; but the sheep must be made to buy new phones. Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Google Play Edition 5.0.1.

twoschus

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
At this point, the fact that it's a Galaxy S6. Galaxy camera is horrible for all but still shots in the most perfect lighting conditions, and the only thing my droid does better than my old (and seriously missed) iPhone is to complicate every. little. thing. This is my first and last Samsung.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
A deal breaker for me is to have crummy connectivity with the ATT network. My current HTC M7 gets great connectivity all along the Western side of the US, with fast LTD speeds, and if the S6 doesn't do the same, this will really be my last Samsung phone!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards