what's the best keyboard?

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have used Swype for a long time...since I got into the beta over the summer.

Unfortunately the most recent betas have been awful in certain respects. I found that they produce too many unwarranted errors when sliding, and so I've gone back to the stock keyboard. I'll be trying out one of the others mentioned here at some point in the future.

nttdemented

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always preferred the HTC keyboard, I'm using a custom one that I built at www.gIMpSTa.com

Woa! Thanks for this link! :)

As for my favorite keyboard, stock android 2.2 and 2.3 keyboards have been the best for me. The HTC keyboard comes a very close second. Right now I'm on Myn's WarmZ and I find myself using the HTC Keyboard a lot this time around because the version of the HTC Keyboard included here can do bilingual text prediction! Perfect for us latinos who like to speak spanglish!

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I originally got Smart Keyboard because it was the only software keyboard that realized that people would rather have a larger spacebar than 50 million buttons on the bottom row-like a smiley key that I have zero use for. I continued using it because it supports some pretty nice themes and allows you to customize nearly every aspect of it,

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw in my vote for SwiftKey, love it! Even with a hard keyboard like the Shift, it still does the prediction great, really saves time. Now if Swiftkey would just release the Honeycomb version for the XOOM...

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck on both the gingerbread and swiftkey keyboards. They are both so great and fast to use. I used to be a swipeaholic but nvm now these two boards rock.

cpk86

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many different keyboards and i keep coming back to SwiftKey. I used swype for a couple of months but i am just faster on SwiftKey.

Same here

I love SwiftKey. Snagged it when they had their 99 cent sale. It really is a great keyboard!

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Gingerbread Keyboard from xdadevelopers since it came out and love it. While I have big fingers I seem to make less mistakes with this keyboard.

Doc

throck

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My keyboard of choice hasn't even been mentioned yet - 8pen. It's a completely different take on a keyboard (check it out - you'll see what I mean). It took me about 2 weeks to get used to the layout, and that 2 weeks was painful to write anything, but now I can type faster and smoother with fewer errors than with any other keyboard I have used.

That being said, Smart Keyboard sounds like it's worth a look.

Aaron - EVO 4G

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Been running the gamut with most of the "popular" market keyboards, but just not sold on any of them - yet. Still cannot believe that you have to manually toggle back to lower case after using a CAP for anything but the first letter of the first word of a sentence. That should be a common, standard feature in any smartphone keyboard. Maybe I haven't found a setting within one of these that has that 'feature'?

Anyone thoroughly tried out ThickButtons (say, for a couple weeks exclusively?)

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
right now i'm using the iphone keyboard. but i usually switch my keyboards every couple of days. just downloaded 8pen and i'ma try it out for a while. thanks throck it looks pretty cool(lol i don't get how to use it)