Whatsapp Web redirecting Issue, can I get some help fixing it?

sawanpareek

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi guy's , I am using samsung galaxy grand quattro I8552 , in this phone i was using web.whatsapp for my another whatsapp number in google chrome (by selecting request desktop site) . It was working well for 3-4 months , but since few days when i try to connect web.whatsapp in my mobile it automatically redirect me to whatsapp.com site instead of web.whatsapp . I removed cookies for this site from my mobile then it got connected with web.whatsapp , but when i try to connect it second time , again it redirect me to whats app main site.all time this happen with me. so the issue is - > if i delete cookies for web.whatsapp from my mobile chrome browser it allow me to connect web.whatsapp but only 1 time , if i close the browser and again open it then it again redirect me to whatsapp.com. whats happening there please solve it if you can.

Thanks in advance

sawanpareek

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp Web redirecting Issue

NO , I am not familiar with other browsers , please give me a solution for chrome only , I have uninstall chrome and reinstall it with play store but problem is still same .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I use other browsers, but i don't use WhatsApp Web. I'm checking to see if anyone else will be able to help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you updated chrome since the problem started if so, assuming that you did a backup of chrome, then reinstall the older version.

Or if not try to roll back to thethe originversion that came with the phone.

sawanpareek

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

yes dear i have tried it . I restored it's factory version , and then update it with latest version on google play . but nothing working , only after deleting cookies it allow me only one's to connect with web.whatsapp . com but second time it redirect automatically ( even if i have selected requested desktop site )

lukhon

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
The same thing was also happening to me when I tried to use WhatsApp for the web in Chrome on my Galaxy Tab Pro even though request desktop site was enabled. This started after March 21.

Today I got it to work again by clearing the Chrome browser cache (Settings -> Privacy -> Clear Browsing Data). I checked Browsing history, Cache, and Cookies, Site Data options.

Prof-Stof

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello !
Your problem is that you're using a mobile browser, to solve your redirect issue you need to switch the browser to the desktop mode by choosing the 3 dotes on top right on your browser app (Chrome) then choose Switch to Desktop Version.
There you go :)

tonygts

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Fixed mine by enabling sites to allow Java scripts in 3dots>Settings>advanced and now my sites are working in desktop mode

No, I tried it allowing Java scripts, but it didn't solve the problem! Still need to clear the cookie everytime before it can be redirected to web.whatsapp.com as posted by the original user @sawanpareek.

Anyone has the solution to permanently solve this issue will be much appreciated.

Mini Ware

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
No, I tried it allowing Java scripts, but it didn't solve the problem! Still need to clear the cookie everytime before it can be redirected to web.whatsapp.com as posted by the original user @sawanpareek.

Anyone has the solution to permanently solve this issue will be much appreciated.

I also faced this problem but using incognito solved it! It works all the time.

Using incognito works!

Last edited by a moderator:

irha

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me as well on my Chrome browser. Instead of clearing the cookies/cache for the entire browser, I was able to clear it just for web.whatsapp.com and whatsapp.com (note, you need to clear all whatsapp sites) by following the below steps and got it working:
  • Go into settings -> Site settings -> All sites
  • Click on hour glass
  • Type "whatsapp" (without quotes) to find 2 to 3 entries
  • Tap on each of the entries
  • Tap on "Clear & reset" button

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777