Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

damink23

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you use the virtual #
I think those are just the last 4 of the card number and not cvv code. I was asked for cvv code at an apple store and the last 4 of the card did not work.

Side note. When #spay worked as nfc and not mst transaction went through without needing cvv code.

tvomjo122

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Card did not work at ****'s Sporting Goods. It appeared that the transaction was going through and then the cashier told me that the transaction declined. Took out my card and swiped it and it went through with no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

Johnsontm

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problems. Samsung Pay worked the first 2wks and then after every where i went it declined. I thought maybe i am just not putting it in the right spot but it would take my pin # and then decline. I would pull out the real card and swipe. I went on BOA website and removed my other card from android pay thinking that was the problem but it still has not worked. I have been back and forth on the phone with Samsung and BOA trying to figure it out. Finally a Samsung Pay rep told me today that there should be an update coming out tomorrow (11/23) for Samsung pay and that "should" fix the errors. Although when i was telling him about the problems he sounded like he had never head of this issue. So i guess we will wait and see

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same problems. Samsung Pay worked the first 2wks and then after every where i went it declined. I thought maybe i am just not putting it in the right spot but it would take my pin # and then decline. I would pull out the real card and swipe. I went on BOA website and removed my other card from android pay thinking that was the problem but it still has not worked. I have been back and forth on the phone with Samsung and BOA trying to figure it out. Finally a Samsung Pay rep told me today that there should be an update coming out tomorrow (11/23) for Samsung pay and that "should" fix the errors. Although when i was telling him about the problems he sounded like he had never head of this issue. So i guess we will wait and see

Credit works but debit has been having problems for some bofa customers.

Johnsontm

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Didn't even think to try credit I will try it out next time . Just figured this should work and it's not. Havent had problems with my citi credit card

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried at Dennys yesterday multiple times and nothing just kept saying unrecognized now maybe it's there system since there has to be a tip added but that shouldn't be a factor due to tabletop registers at chili's. Becoming a little disappointed lately it's only been working at places I frequent but like walmart and Dennys no success. Should I delete card and redo it? Any siggestions?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried at Dennys yesterday multiple times and nothing just kept saying unrecognized now maybe it's there system since there has to be a tip added but that shouldn't be a factor due to tabletop registers at chili's. Becoming a little disappointed lately it's only been working at places I frequent but like walmart and Dennys no success. Should I delete card and redo it? Any siggestions?

Be patient. Allegedly, there's an update to the app coming today

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Since the Chipotle e coli outbreak and there refusal to take Samsung Pay, I will never eat there again. The casher was open about taking Samsung Pay and one time it said card error. Then as I tried it again, another co-worker moves my hand and says "We don't take phone payments like Apple Pay where is your card". I tried explaining that my card is on my phone and that I have a Samsung Pay device and she was very ignorant and said "Apple Pay doesn't work. We don't want to be responsible for fraud". I said "Fraud, what do you mean? This is my actual card". She tried to sound intelligent by saying that phones that pay with cards are responsible for hacking and that to stop using SPay. I didn't listento her because she didn't know that MST was secure because obviously don't have NFC. Should I call corporate.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Since the Chipotle e coli outbreak and there refusal to take Samsung Pay, I will never eat there again. The casher was open about taking Samsung Pay and one time it said card error. Then as I tried it again, another co-worker moves my hand and says "We don't take phone payments like Apple Pay where is your card". I tried explaining that my card is on my phone and that I have a Samsung Pay device and she was very ignorant and said "Apple Pay doesn't work. We don't want to be responsible for fraud". I said "Fraud, what do you mean? This is my actual card". She tried to sound intelligent by saying that phones that pay with cards are responsible for hacking and that to stop using SPay. I didn't listento her because she didn't know that MST was secure because obviously don't have NFC. Should I call corporate.

I can't stand the people like this I've run into. The cashier at Hardee's who thought it was a good idea to push my hand away and yell at me is no longer employed.

lqdsun

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just used S-Pay in the self checkout at Walmart. Used a BofA credit card. It worked perfectly. No signature needed. Quick and easy. It even now shows the transaction history in S-Pay.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just used S-Pay in the self checkout at Walmart. Used a BofA credit card. It worked perfectly. No signature needed. Quick and easy. It even now shows the transaction history in S-Pay.

Was it a newer reader or older one? Bc mine didn't work the other day.

lqdsun

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Was it a newer reader or older one? Bc mine didn't work the other day.

I believe it was the newer reader. It had the slot underneath for the chip. I also received the popup when i opened S-Pay that Chase and some other cards are now accepted. The update must just be on the network side.....

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I Def would, especially if they r calling it apple pay lol jk no you should call and actually explain to them what and how samsung pay works just in case they r unfamiliar and that your not doing anything fishy. I only experienced something similar to that she called the manager he came to front and after I explained it he allowed me to show him and it worked. Some peole just not up to date on technology especially if they r apple users.

samrov44

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on the news a story they did on skimmers and fraud. They were saying they they are used on gas pumps and even regular store swipe machines. The great thing about Samsung pay is that we don't have to worry about that due to the digital card number we get. But using SPAY on a gas pump we really can't do. Is there any tricks or types of gas pumps it can work on?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19