Which is the best pre-paid service for the Nexus?

semishigurebfb

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been very helpful. Thanks all. Ordering a nexus 4 and trying to decide on carrier.

So, just to clarify, NO prepaid carrier offers data roaming worth a damn? I am in a touring band and roaming data would be worth paying a bit more and being locked into a contract.

Also, a bandmate has an iPhone 5 on AT&T, and he seems to always have better coverage than my T-mobile, still under contact, nexus one. Have others found t-mobile's coverage lacking compared with AT&T?

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This thread has been very helpful. Thanks all. Ordering a nexus 4 and trying to decide on carrier.

So, just to clarify, NO prepaid carrier offers data roaming worth a damn? I am in a touring band and roaming data would be worth paying a bit more and being locked into a contract.

Also, a bandmate has an iPhone 5 on AT&T, and he seems to always have better coverage than my T-mobile, still under contact, nexus one. Have others found t-mobile's coverage lacking compared with AT&T?

YMMV from town to town. I rarely travel and my city's TMobile coverage is great. You may want to check out coverage maps like this:

OpenSignal - Crowd-sourced Cellular Coverage Maps for the world.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Their cheapest smartphone plan(Without discount) is $80 a month while in comparison the Verizon one is $90 a month. Sprint you get only 450 mins while Verizon is unl but far less data.
The 450 mins is for landlines only. Any calls to any other mobile phone on any carrier is free.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Example: Listen to the latest episode of the Cell Phone Junkie podcast. A caller described a life or death situation involving his daughter where they had to find the nearest emergency room. He has unlimited but went past 3GB so AT&T started throttling him. When he went to use his phone to find the nearest emergency room, his connection was throttled to the point where it was unusable. Luckily, he also had Navigon installed with pre-loaded maps and points of interest.
Maybe he should have dialed 911 instead of searching the internet if his daughter was dying.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

wtsukazan

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so here we go.. time to share my experience with the 3 pre paid I have tried so far within the 3 months I've had my Nexus 4..And which one have I kept outta of the 3.. First one I tried & that's because I used to have a Straight Talk cheap phone as indeed Straight Talk under T-Mobile's Network.. Horrible! Yes, super bad. Why, you may ask.. Okay! Data was super slow, when on using facebook app, let's say I wanted to do a search, kept saying it was not connected to network even though it was..tried for the whole month.."only cause it was paid for" 3 days prior to de-activation made sure my number was ported out to Solavei.. Sounds like Solavei would have been the one I would keep as they advertise all unlimited for $49. "yeah right" that's $58.87 after taxes & the services bahhhh! One of the things I disliked a lot was the fact they block you from sending or receiving text from let's say your bank or radio or any automated device.. the data when it works properly is alright.. On both Solavei & Straight Talk the Nexus 4 fluctuates from 3g to H.. Data only works when you see the big H.. Also texting & multimedia texts take longer than usual to get them sent out!!! So before my services were disco with Solavei, made sure to port my number out "after doing a ton of research" to h2O wireless on at&t's netwrk!!! Oh man! That was the best thing I did, ever! Im lovin'it!!! Here is what I'm getting for $50 "no hidden fees or taxes" just the $50 :cool: ..International Calls which are unlimited to most countries, unfortunately not Brazil, it's all good cause out of the $50 I get $40 towards International Calls "2h50m" calling a mobile line or "8h50m" calling land lines ;) ..Unlimited texts local & International.. of course unlimted US calls to any State :D ..And 1gb of Data ..Okay, I know most of you would say 1gb of Data???!!! That's it? Well on my case I would be fine with 500gb on the go. I really dont care to watch too many videos or stream too much music.. Everything that I do on the go comes handy with 1gb of Data! And as far as speed?!? Let's just say that now I can actually experience the technology of a good smart phone such as the Nexus 4 running on h2O wireless! Awesome Price, Service & Data! Apn settings were really easy to set it up! And for those of you who want more more & more Data you have the $60 version which will give you 3gb of Data! So there you go! As soon as you have the Apn settings set up that big H "which I love" wont turn into stupid 3g anymore.. Anything you do on your phone after that will be lightning fast! Im sure h2O wireless is the best pre paid option for any unlocked phone!!! I bought the micro h2O sim card on ebay "brand new" for $0.99 free shipping! Then went into "pinzoo.com" and purchased the PIN in order to activate the acct & transfer my number for only for $49.79 ..And I dont regret it at all! Been super happy since it's been almost a month I have been using h2O wireless, too bad I only found out about them now.. I wish I known about this company a long time ago.. but hey! Life about learning lessons so there you go! Thought I'd share how happy I am with my Nexus 4 running on h2O's network and of course having a good case such as the Cruzerlite's Androidified A2 TPU "Solid White" was the best case I bought after all the other cases I have tried so far.. Finally found one worth keeping forever :p and let's not forget applying a matte anti-glare screen protector also anti finger print :-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz