While the recall is a real bummer I did get some real benefits

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I went from Note 5 to Note 7 to S7 Edge to Note 7 to S7 Edge in a month's time.

In the wake of all of these phone replacements I ended up with the following items that I didn't have before.

- A credit of $125 to my Verizon account ($25 for Note 7, recall 1 and $100 for Note 7, recall 2)
- A debit card (in Samsung Pay) with $60 on it. Three different credits for a "first" Samsung Pay transaction. (Oddly I got a $30, $20 and $10 credit. Don't know why they were all different.)
- A 256gb micro SD card (Retail value $200)
- A Gear Fit 2 watch (Retail value $180)
- A Gear VR (Retail value $100)

All in all about $665 worth of goodies. Would I have purchased all those items at retail? Probably not. But I didn't leave the Note 7 empty handed. However, nothing will replace the feel of the Note 7 in my hand. It was wonderful.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This is why I don't get a lot of folks complaints. Yes, the phone is done. But if you took advantage of all the offers, there was a lot of free stuff floating around. No other company would've gave away all that. That's why I'm sticking by Samsung. They at least tried to make the best out of this.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This is why I don't get a lot of folks complaints. Yes, the phone is done. But if you took advantage of all the offers, there was a lot of free stuff floating around. No other company would've gave away all that. That's why I'm sticking by Samsung. They at least tried to make the best out of this.
I definitely maximized all the goodies from Samsung promotions by triple dipping on everything they had to offer, all the way down to a $15 dunkin donut gift card...
I can't use any of it because my backup phone is a iPhone 6. If I wanted a stinken S7edge I would've preordered one back in February. I skipped the N5 because it sucks and my N3 feels too old to go back to...

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

People are complaining because the vast majority of people who bought the Note 7 didn't buy it in order to get the free stuff. Yes, the free stuff is nice and it somewhat softens the blow. But I for one, bought the phone because I wanted the phone. So to have to go through all of this sucks, and will naturally lead to some complaining. It was just a wildly unfortunate scenario all the way around.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I went from Note 5 to Note 7 to S7 Edge to Note 7 to S7 Edge in a month's time.

In the wake of all of these phone replacements I ended up with the following items that I didn't have before.

- A credit of $125 to my Verizon account ($25 for Note 7, recall 1 and $100 for Note 7, recall 2)
- A debit card (in Samsung Pay) with $60 on it. Three different credits for a "first" Samsung Pay transaction. (Oddly I got a $30, $20 and $10 credit. Don't know why they were all different.)
- A 256gb micro SD card (Retail value $200)
- A Gear Fit 2 watch (Retail value $180)
- A Gear VR (Retail value $100)

All in all about $665 worth of goodies. Would I have purchased all those items at retail? Probably not. But I didn't leave the Note 7 empty handed. However, nothing will replace the feel of the Note 7 in my hand. It was wonderful.

Why did you go with S7E instead of the N5 in the end?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause