Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Not that anyone cares, but I will be switching to a BB Passport when it comes out. I miss a good "work" phone. The S5 is great - no complaints, but nothing is as good and robust as blackberry to get real work done....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not that anyone cares, but I will be switching to a BB Passport when it comes out. I miss a good "work" phone. The S5 is great - no complaints, but nothing is as good and robust as blackberry to get real work done....

Interesting - first time I've heard for the Passport.

Gozit

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I may ditch iOS for an S5. I am running iOS 8 beta 5 on my iPhone 5s at the moment, and i'm not too impressed. Text prediction is amazing but that can be found in the S5 too and its probably better than apple's. But the text prediction is the only "awesome" thing about iOS 8. Everything else is largely the same and/or has been on android for years. There is a major hiccup for me though:

FaceTime and iMessage. My family largely lives abroad and we use FaceTime / iMessage for communication 99.9% of the time. We have yet to find a suitable alternative to them. Skype video call is too laggy over iOS in our experience, although Viber is a decent messaging / voice call service.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I may ditch iOS for an S5. I am running iOS 8 beta 5 on my iPhone 5s at the moment, and i'm not too impressed. Text prediction is amazing but that can be found in the S5 too and its probably better than apple's. But the text prediction is the only "awesome" thing about iOS 8. Everything else is largely the same and/or has been on android for years. There is a major hiccup for me though:

FaceTime and iMessage. My family largely lives abroad and we use FaceTime / iMessage for communication 99.9% of the time. We have yet to find a suitable alternative to them. Skype video call is too laggy over iOS in our experience, although Viber is a decent messaging / voice call service.

Agree about FaceTime. Its awesomeness, ease-of-use, and reliability have NOT been replicated by a longshot for Android (IMO). ...but many have just settled for what we can get.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

Gozit

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Agree about FaceTime. Its awesomeness, ease-of-use, and reliability have NOT been replicated by a longshot for Android (IMO). ...but many have just settled for what we can get.

Sent from my LG G-PaD??????

:D
I may just pick up a used iPad for Facetime. iMessage is easily enough replicated by SMS, Facebook chat and Viber. FaceTime is just awesome though.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the iphone 5s on one line and the s5 on another. I'll get an iPhone 6 only if it has a 5" screen or bigger. I'll probably keep the s5 unless the Note 4 is a big update.

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Certainly nothing beats BB security, which is a major reason why large corporations and government agencies still use them. But the v10 OS is horrible. For example it takes way way way too much futzing around to do a calendar entry, and the place to make an entry private is hidden in a witness protection program. I used BBs for years, then a Q10 for a little while, switched to the S5, and I've been much happier.

l No Use For A Name l

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
No I will never go back to an apple device again. I recently purchased my galaxy a few weeks ago coming from 5 years of iPhone and I will tell you now that these galaxys are way more personalized and better in every aspect then my old memory's with iPhone. I'll be sticking with Samsung or android in the future

Impymouse

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The many messages from happy S5 owners puts me at ease with my decision to get one last week. I knew the new IPhone is coming out, but I just can't justify the cost when I was able to get the S5 for $100 from Costco. I am replacing a 3 yr old Anrdoid. I really like the swipe word option that I was so surprised wasn't on an IPad that I bought after my smartphone. I love my IPad but I'm very happy with this phone. I love the bigger screen but I have to say it cramps my hand to hold it for a long time.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie, too and am very happy with the GS5. Both GS5 and Note III have Touchwiz. Get the Nova launcher and replace Touchwiz. It is much better. I customized my homescreen, added custom icon packs and the screen looks great.

I moved away from nova launcher I think itz a good start to customizing. Now I play with themer. But it took me 4 ever to work themer point being u have tht many choices. U will get bored and try other things iphone does not give u tht many options and my phone is rooted.

Posted from galaxyS5

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Never I love My Samsung GALAXY S5 :D, you people have to admit that GALAXY S5 is Powerful than Any Apple Phone so called iPhone5, 5s or 6 . in term of UI, SW, HW, Camera , Functions, sensors, and Disply . Apple cant beat Samsung :)

But in my view people who are iPhone user will only love IPhone than any Android Phone. and the People who are using Samsung GALAXY S3,4,5, will only love GALAXY Devices

Don't let your mind wander. It's far too small to be out by itself. lol

punk999

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No, there are a lot of things that Apple cannot do, due to restrictions, I'm not doubting the quality and the performance but for me, I use my mobile like a computer, I use it for all sorts of stuff and you only get that freedom on android.

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to dump my iPhone most likely. Only thing stopping me is iMessage lol. Otherwise I can't stand it hardly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Now that the iPhone 6 and 6plus has been introduced, I have read 3 reviews and it's official all new features are old Samsung Android features, and ios 8 improvements are also old Android features smh. Have fun switching to what you've already had for 2yrs!

Posted with my Galaxy S5, via the Android Central App

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread I was very pleased with the new iPhone 6's official reveal,,,,, 100% positive my Galaxy S5 is going bye bye on Sept 19th,,,, and just in time too,,,, my S5 started failing on me at least a few times a day now.
I have to pull the battery while my S5 is on and do a hard restart several times a day now,,, just hope it last until I trade it in for the iPhone 6 with T-Mobile on my jump program.

Probably guna get the 4.7" model, Space Gray.

Cheers
Davyo

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread I was very pleased with the new iPhone 6's official reveal,,,,, 100% positive my Galaxy S5 is going bye bye on Sept 19th,,,, and just in time too,,,, my S5 started failing on me at least a few times a day now.
I have to pull the battery while my S5 is on and do a hard restart several times a day now,,, just hope it last until I trade it in for the iPhone 6 with T-Mobile on my jump program.

Probably guna get the 4.7" model, Space Gray.

Cheers
Davyo

Well to each it's own. At least you tried something different, if it wasn't for you, so be it. Good luck with your new iPhone.

Posted with my Galaxy S5, via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The new iPhones will undoubtedly be great for those that value what the iPhone and iOS have to offer. My wife, who will have none of anything Android, is super excited about the 6+.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Prior to my S5, I was an Apple addict (still am, really). Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV. All in all, I love the entire Apple ecosystem. I also loved my iPhone. Switching to the S5 was a tough choice because I'd be starting over from scratch with my phone......learning a new OS, learning the Google/Android ecosystem, buying apps I had previously paid for through iTunes, etc, etc. But I did grow tired of iPhones/iOS changing it's appearance, but not really changing its ability. Same sh*t, different wrapper as they say.

And while I LOVE my S5, the truth is that if iPhone 6/iOS 8 came with many of the same features (multi-tasking/split screen, > 8mp camera, widgets/customization options) then I'd jump back on iPhone in a heartbeat. Needless to say that after reading up on iPhone 6 and iOS8, I saw nothing that was truly innovative about it. And as others have mentioned, the "latest and greatest" improvements are things that Galaxy users have been able to do for quite some time now. It's cool though. I'm under contract with this phone for another year+. By that time, I'm sure there will be a new iPhone getting ready to hit the market. If it's on par with my S5 (or S6 or whatever Samsung has out there at that time), then I'll likely switch back to iPhone. If not, I'll gladly stick with Samsung.

I do know that I'll likely never own a droid phone from anyone other than Samsung. I've got 2 Samsung SmartTVs and I love being able to mirror my phone to the tv without any additional equipment (like an Apple TV). So it's either Samsung or Apple from here on out for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884