Who is upgrading?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have had my V30 for awhile now and I was thinking about upgrading possibly to the V40 since it's such a good price now. But now that I see the G8 is coming out soon, especially with a price of zero down and only 620 dollars compared to other carriers, I'm quite tempted to pick this up instead. Great specs for the price. I still love that LG has kept their screens the same, unlike Samsung. Not a fan of the extremely curved infinity display. Tried the S9+ recently and just couldn't get into it mostly because of that and battery life issues.

Who else is upgrading to the G8? I used to have the G6 before the V30 and though I enjoy LG's devices and software, the G6 was probably the worst phone I have ever had. Nothing but issues with it from day one. That's why I'm partially hesitant to try another G series device. I could have just had a lemon though.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had my G6 for 2 years with virtually no problems except that it is hard to see in the sunlight. I am considering upgrading to the G8, for the faster processor, the screen, etc. Just a little better phone overall than the G6. The face recognition and the claw gesture thingy mean nothing to me. But I will wait until I can actually handle one in the store. I have been with LG for many years now (G2, G4, G6), so I obviously like them (not a Sammy fan at all), but if their marketing department doesn't wake up there may not be a G9.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I considered upgrading from my 2 year old LG G6 to the G8, but decided that the Samsung S10 had more features that I liked compared to the G8 so I went that route. Samsung also gave me $300 in trade in value for my G6 versus $85 which is what AT&T would have given me.

NoahFecks

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Upgrading from a G6 without hesitation. I had traded in an S7 Edge for the G6 a couple years ago and couldn't have been happier. Absolutely despised the curved edges and since Samsung has stuck with them I'm staying far away from them.

celsior360

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Upgrading from a G6 without hesitation. I had traded in an S7 Edge for the G6 a couple years ago and couldn't have been happier. Absolutely despised the curved edges and since Samsung has stuck with them I'm staying far away from them.

I went away from s7e is because of the battery issue to V30, V30 is a nuclear power plant.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
I traded in my G7 for it, not much of an upgrade, but it ends up being cheaper than the G7 after the trade deal. I also have a OnePlus 6T that I am keeping for now.

Just got my shipping email and I should see it Monday. 😁

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say go for it! If you decide that you do not enjoy it, return it within your return window timeframe and then see about getting the V40. I'm tempted by the G8 as well - it looks stellar!

As usual, let us know what you decide!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The worst part of the pre order is the wait, especially when you have the tracking number. 🚚 📬📱🕺🕺🕺

I ordered a phone case for my Pixel 2 and am always checking the tracking number... But when I actually ordered my last two phones, I was obsessively checking it! 🤣

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading from the Moto X4. I've had the LG G2 and the Nexus 5X, which was built by LG. I may have accidentally become an LG fanboy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. I find myself coming back to LG after I cheat on them with another company.....I really like there products.

Yeah, LG is definitely one of those brands for me too! My husband has the LG G7 ThinQ and that's definitely made me think about getting the 8/9 (depending on when I upgrade). I had the LG G3 and that got me hooked on LG! Let us know how you like the phone, and please post unboxing photos!

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My G8 should be delivered this Friday. I keep trying to like Samsung phones but I always seem to go back to LG. My latest Samsung was the S10+. I hated the in-screen fingerprint sensor and there was a problem with the Bluetooth connection to my hearing aids -- I could hear callers but they couldn't hear me. I went back to my faithful G7 and everything worked. I love the fingerprint sensor on the back and my hearing aids worked perfectly with the phone. Then T-Mobile made me an offer I couldn't refuse. If I traded in my G7 for the G8, they would sell me the G8 for $620 and give me $310 for my G7. I'm not interested in the G8's hand gestures, but I like the OLED display, the faster processor, and additional storage. I just hope I like the G8 as much as I like my G7.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
So this is my first full day with the device, so here is my initial thoughts. I traded my G7 for this as my biggest complaint was how bad the battery was on it. I was lucky to get 8 hours of total battery before having to charge it up. So far, this is better, but I've been setting everything up and learning how to use the hand gestures so I'll have to give it a few more days to have any idea. I got the device in red and it's a brilliant color very vibrant it's about the same size as the G7. The display is as beautiful as you would have guessed and there's plenty of onboard storage and it snappy and quick. it was interesting to see that OEM unlock is able to be toggled I thought TMobile would have disabled that, as far as actually unlocking the bootloader I have no interest in doing that just know that you're halfway to being able to do it. Being able to take portrait videos as a really fascinating an interesting feature that I'm really going to use a lot this isn't something that I thought I need it until I saw it and tried it. TMobile did a good job with this phone by not putting in a whole bunch of bloatware and a lot of it was easy to remove the stuff that did install was all T-Mobile apps. LG didn't put a whole bunch of junk into it either which you would think that they would haveso I have to say overall I'm very pleased with what came pre-installed on the device as there wasn't a whole lot to remove but that's at everyone's discretion we all have different ideas of what's bloat and what's not. the build quality of the phone is really good it's not too heavy of a device having no camera bump is really nice and I do have a case on it just because I don't like having a naked phone. the call quality on it is no different than any other phone you wouldn't even know that there's no speaker in the earpiece the the resonating chamber under the glass is quite loud and very very clearI have no issue watching videos listening to music or making phone calls using this handset. you already know the quality of the quad DAC so I don't need to talk about that. setting up the hand gesture was a little bit of a task though it didn't take too long to register my hand however it is a little bit tricky using the hand motion controls as I've never used them before there's obviously a learning curve and it seems a bit fussy right now but that's because I haven't really dialed-in how to use it I will say that it is quite convenient and I do see myself using these hand gestures I don't know how practical they are but they are a convenience factor for sure. I really don't have a whole lot of negative to say about this device of course some of you out there are going to say that it's not as good as a Samsung or something else out there but these are all just everybody's opinions. I will say however if you have a G7 there really isn't any need to upgrade to the G8 unless you want the new software features all in all it's an identical phone to the G7 minus a few aesthetic features. as I stated before I trade it my G7 cuz it was a too good to pass up offer I also have a OnePlus 6t that I will be doing some comparisons with. later tonight or possibly tomorrow when I have an opportunity I'm going to post a little video that I did of an unboxing and a little bit of a side-by-side comparison of the G7 to the G8 and the OnePlus 6t but I'll leave you with a few screenshots nothing amazing just kind of give you an idea of what's going on you can ignore my batteries that usage as I said I'm still setting the phone off so I'm using it far more frequently than I normally would be.
a154711f8be5cc97f6c70b5b0c0f930c.jpg
bc99cf4411de488fcacb1df67ad8f190.jpg
19b9c4801476ed893a20ccf0afc8d752.jpg
04d4c267656622946d2fb3e3f8bb13ea.jpg
afe3271284441329c326ec5070c0244a.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans