Who Uses "Polaris Office (for Android)" on their Nexus ?

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I need to ask a few questions - particularly about file management. Where are file copies stored? How are edited files synced with files on SD card ? Is cloud storage a part of Polaris ? Etc

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It looks like there's 100MB of cloud storage included with Polaris; you can also use Dropbox or Google Drive (at least, to import documents from; I didn't try saving a file to Dropbox).

You can import files from the SD card but it looks like saving files to the SD card is a premium feature.

Since I don't have the premium feature I can't tell you anything about intermediate files (where a file being edited is stored while you're working on it) - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks
I've been playing with the "free" (not-the Premium version). I thought this app would provide an easy way to view and edit documents on my Nexus.

Here is my source of confusion concerning file management:
After I drag folders (via USB) from my PC to an N7 folder I see them in Polaris Office under "Device Storage". Some of these appear in My Storage/My Documents, and some appear in My Storage/Recent Documents. I see that I need an internet connection to view these.
I plan to use Polaris in an "off-line" mode. Most of my activities are viewing and some editing of my Device Storage documents. No cloud sharing contemplated (for now). So I guess I should open, view, edit, and save directly from/to Device Storage, and ignore all of the other storage places. Any edits will update the Device Storage documents when I Save -- just like on my PC.

Does this seem sensible?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143