Who's Keeping and Who's Sending It Back?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think cost is the entire reason... But who knows, maybe they'll knock it out of the park and the Exynos will run rings around the Snapdragon... I won't hold my breath though. The Z series really can't take the battery life hit of the Exynos 2200 IMO.
Yep I wouldn't buy a Exynos powered Flip unless that chip was a proven winner. This is the first I've heard of this.. hmm.

I think that would hurt sales unless they dropped the price quite a bit 😕 But the international crowd is kinda used to getting the Exynos treatment it seems like unfortunately 😲

Yeah that wouldn't fly in the US 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep I wouldn't buy a Exynos powered Flip unless that chip was a proven winner. This is the first I've heard of this.. hmm.

I think that would hurt sales unless they dropped the price quite a bit But the international crowd is kinda used to getting the Exynos treatment it seems like unfortunately

Yeah that wouldn't fly in the US
The thing you have to bear in mind is that the vast majority of people on both sides of the pond don't really know or care what SoC is in the phone. Only reason they can't really use an Exynos in the US is because the modem isn't really up to the task.

But yeah, they'll give us Exynos and then charge more for itlol. The base Flip 5 was £1049 (about $1300) with a 512GB Flip 4 netting a whopping £440 on trade-in... why do I buy Scamsung products again haha?

Reactions: J Dubbs

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Well I shipped mine back. I got tired of going back and forth between my Ultra and F5. The F5 is a great phone and I know if I had any other phone other than this Ultra, I would've completed the trade in.

But in the end the Ultra is a better device for my needs.

Also I didnt know that if you opt to return the device, Samsung gives you more days to return it than to send in your trade in. I almost kept it those extra days. But if I decided to keep the F5, I would no longer he eligible to send in my trade-in because it'll be outside the window...it's almost like a catch 22 lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I shipped mine back. I got tired of going back and forth between my Ultra and F5. The F5 is a great phone and I know if I had any other phone other than this Ultra, I would've completed the trade in.

But in the end the Ultra is a better device for my needs.

Also I didnt know that if you opt to return the device, Samsung gives you more days to return it than to send in your trade in. I almost kept it those extra days. But if I decided to keep the F5, I would no longer he eligible to send in my trade-in because it'll be outside the window...it's almost like a catch 22 lol
I like my flip five, but I wouldn't have got rid of my S23 Ultra for it either.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I like my flip five, but I wouldn't have got rid of my S23 Ultra for it either.
Believe it or not, it was a hard decision. The ability to have a phone fit comfortably in my pocket like the Flip 5 and the cover screen is what was making me wanting to keep the Flip 5 over the Ultra.

But after weighing everything else, the Ultra was just a better overall phone... obviously. I also thought about when the next powerhouse phones come out, specifically the S24 Ultra... I'm sure Samsung will have some awesome trade-in deals for the S23 Ultra.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, it was a hard decision. The ability to have a phone fit comfortably in my pocket like the Flip 5 and the cover screen is what was making me wanting to keep the Flip 5 over the Ultra.

But after weighing everything else, the Ultra was just a better overall phone... obviously. I also thought about when the next powerhouse phones come out, specifically the S24 Ultra... I'm sure Samsung will have some awesome trade-in deals for the S23 Ultra.
Haven't used the five as my actual phone yet, but the things that got me back to the ultra series from the four surprisingly weren't any of the big bells and whistles... It was dual SIM and battery life lol

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I went from the s22 ultra to the s23 plus and then the z flip 5 ànd so far I am loving it. Don't need dual Sims ànymore I need the smaller size to carry my devices around and the flip fit the bill.

Reactions: 1raygin

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Are you able to keep both phones? Or did you use a trade-in? This is a perfect phone to swap around with another phone if you don't want to commit to just one..

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
Are you able to keep both phones? Or did you use a trade-in? This is a perfect phone to swap around with another phone if you don't want to commit to just one..
No I am not. If I went pass the trade in date, I would have to pay the trade in credit to keep the F5 and I wasn't gonna do that.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Being able to keep an S23 Ultra and Flip 5 is definitely a privilege not to be taken for granted. Then again, so is being able to trade in to be honest.
Yeah definitely understandable...I bought my Flip outright this time as I traded the Flip 4 for the Pixel Fold ...so I'm happily running with two foldables ...

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind, Samsung seems to alternate years of really good trade-in values with so so/sucky trade-in values. Not saying that will be the case when S24 comes out. Just saying keep in mind it is not an absolute thing.