who's leaving android to iPhone 6 or 6+

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You are completely making this up. Including your claims of a bunch of Android phones stomping the iPhone on battery life. Why? What are you hoping to accomplish?

View attachment 138040

AnandTech | iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: Preliminary Results
Your article states right at the beginning that they preliminary results and only a bare representation of what's to be expected. All current articles that have tested the device shows that to be false. Please cite real data, please.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Again though, the S5 got less than an hour more, which isn't 50 percent. And it got more than the G3. Standby personally doesn't matter as much, I know it will give good enough on most devices. The Plus seems to have better battery life too, and I'd be happy with that.

I realise that the 6 doesn't have great battery life though, but it's far from mediocre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So it beat the one Android device with a that happens to have a 4k screen (which is why it had poorer battery life). It got far less than the GS5 and hours less than the M8 with significantly worse standby time. That seems pretty mediocre to me.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Your article states right at the beginning that they preliminary results and only a bare representation of what's to be expected. All current articles that have tested the device shows that to be false. Please cite real data, please.

The report is preliminary, not the results from the tests. The data is real, even though you desperately want to deny it.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So it beat the one Android device with a that happens to have a 4k screen (which is why it had poorer battery life). It got hours less than the GS5 and the M8 with significantly worse standby time. That seems pretty mediocre to me.

Again, you're making stuff up. "Hours" less? It did not get hours less than the S5. And who cares about the screen? That's not an excuse. It's a reason, but not one that means pore battery life is acceptable. Just like being thin is not an excuse for an iPhone. Also, being worse does not make it mediocre. The S5 has good battery life, anything close to that is doing well.

This is my problem with ridiculously high res screens. Poorer performance and battery life, for little benefit. Another reason I'm glad Apple didn't go over the top here.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Again, you're making stuff up. "Hours" less? It did not get hours less than the S5. And who cares about the screen? That's not an excuse. It's a reason, but not one that means pore battery life is acceptable. Just like being thin is not an excuse for an iPhone. Also, being worse does not make it mediocre. The S5 has good battery life, anything close to that is doing well.

This is my problem with ridiculously high res screens. Poorer performance and battery life, for little benefit. Another reason I'm glad Apple didn't go over the top here.

Read my edit. And being worse than all your competition puts something in the range of poor-mediocre in my book. Despite the higher resolutions, Android flags get better battery than Apple devices with significantly lower res screens.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Then why does every major review site doing side by side testing say it's false. Please explain.

If you want to denigrate Anandtech, which is generally acknowledged to be the best review site out there, then fill your boots. I already debunked one of your original claims that "every" site claimed poor battery life. I think the case is made now, and I am not going to waste my time chasing down "every" other site so you can move the goal posts again.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Read my edit. And being worse than all your competition puts something in the range of poor-mediocre in my book. Despite the higher resolutions, Android flags get better battery than Apple devices with significantly lower res screens.

Significantly lower res? Again, the improvement in PPI over about 400 is very negligible. And 1080p is still the resolution of many Android flagships, for now. Hardly "significant".

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If you want to denigrate Anandtech, which is generally acknowledged to be the best review site out there, then fill your boots. I already debunked one of your original claims that "every" site claimed poor battery life. I think the case is made now, and I am not going to waste my time chasing down "every" other site so you can move the goal posts again.
Would you like me to find them for you? You're essentially saying that every reviewer aside from anandtech is wrong. Also, the anandtech battery tests don't refer to actual usage they test very specific individual areas like processes conducted by the CPU.

Again, I highly doubt the entire tech review industry is making this all up to fool people.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Significantly lower res? Again, the improvement in PPI over about 400 is very negligible. And 1080p is still the resolution of many Android flagships, for now. Hardly "significant".

The point is that despite having a lower ppi by around 25% (which should mean better battery life) compared to the Android flagships like the S5 and the M8, it has very notably poorer battery life than either.

That's pretty messed up.

Another review on the battery BTW

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-6-battery-life,news-19591.html

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Would you like me to find them for you? You're essentially saying that every reviewer aside from anandtech is wrong. Also, the anandtech battery tests don't refer to actual usage they test very specific individual areas like processes conducted by the CPU.

Again, I highly doubt the entire tech review industry is making this all up to fool people.

No don't bother for my sake. On a somewhat related matter, one survey is claiming that 27% of iphone buyers will be Samsung switchers. I guess the conclusion is that many Samsung owners don't share your point of view on the new iPhone.

You also have misread the Anandtech chart. It measures battery life while browsing and is not some esoteric test.

Digital World Research » Survey: Consumers ditch Samsung for Apple iPhone 6

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No don't bother for my sake. On a somewhat related matter, one survey is claiming that 27% of iphone buyers will be Samsung switchers. I guess the conclusion is that many Samsung owners don't share your point of view on the new iPhone.

You also have misread the Anandtech chart. It measures battery life while browsing and is not some esoteric test.

It doesn't seem to match up to a single real life test. Nice survey, apparently it's not holding up, as Apple continues to lose marketshare every year. And that's beside the point, you're changing the subject with anecdotes, after not being able to counter on battery life.

Also, in the most polite way possible (this is not a personal attack, I 'm just genuinely curious) do you happen to work for apple marketing?

I just noticed you had only around 40 posts and every single one involves bashing on Android, or defending Apple's virtue.

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

LOL, your "survey" was conducted over 2 days online with less than 250 respondents. You can't be serious.

Here's a similar poll saying the opposite.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0HE17B20140919?irpc=932

Last edited:

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem to match up to a single real life test. Nice survey, apparently it's not holding up, as Apple continues to lose marketshare every year. And that's beside the point, you're changing the subject with anecdotes, instead of fact.

Also, in the most polite way possible (this is not a personal attack, I 'm just genuinely curious) do you happen to work for apple marketing?

I just noticed you had only around 40 posts and every single one involves bashing on Android, or defending Apple's virtue.

This is a fair question. I should explain myself. I don't work for Apple. I am CEO and founder of my own tech company. We have an app up in the App Store, and are working on an Android version now. We also develop our own hardware devices with an emphasis on streaming video. Our latest device is using Android. I find myself drawn into debate where I see someone take what I feel is an extremist position, which is how we got engaged tonight. I will try to avoid this as much as possible in the future as it is bad for the forum. I am on this forum, because I feel I need to understand the Android community better.

I admit I have an Apple bias, which is going to make me unpopular here. This bias comes from my own position of having many years of experience in developing mobile devices. This drives a tremendous respect for what Apple did with the first iphone. Unless you have sweated out the pain of creating a new product entirely from scratch, you cannot possible know how hard and expensive it is. I feel that what was accomplished with that first device changed the world, and we are all better for it.

The following is going to get me in huge trouble, but I have a huge distaste for how Google treated Apple many years back, and my bias shows. Because I have had similar things happen to me in my companies. Eric Schmidt sat on Apples board and abused that position, and turned on a Google effort to knock off the iphone. People here will not agree with this, but any unbiased reading of history shows that this fact is not disputable. So I see disrespect in Google's treatment of the intellectual property of others.

As someone whose company lives and dies as a result of innovation and IP creation I just find this offensive. And it bothers me that most of the world cheers on when companies have their IP abused if it means they get something cheaper. That is a recipe for convincing businesses that they should not take the risk and innovate.

I don't think the creation of incremental software features and sticking larger screens on a product is innovation. And for the most part I feel that is what Google and Samsung do with their mobility efforts. With that said, I acknowledge that Google is now pushing the industry ahead with some of its efforts. I am going to reduce my posts and participation here, because I know that these opinions go against the grain of most members here. But given all these pro-Apple posts I have been making, I feel that I owe the people here an explanation.

One last thing. The whole concept of market share in phones is hugely misleading. You have to apply segmentation analysis for it to make any sense. Apple only competes in one segment, and that is the high end. Android has gained a lot more share at the low end, where it has obliterated Symbian. So to attack Apple's strategy due to perceived market share setbacks is off base in my view. No one else sells 10M phones in three days.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a fair question. I should explain myself. I don't work for Apple. I am CEO and founder of my own tech company. We have an app up in the App Store, and are working on an Android version now. We also develop our own hardware devices with an emphasis on streaming video. Our latest device is using Android. I find myself drawn into debate where I see someone take what I feel is an extremist position, which is how we got engaged tonight. I will try to avoid this as much as possible in the future as it is bad for the forum. I am on this forum, because I feel I need to understand the Android community better.

I admit I have an Apple bias, which is going to make me unpopular here. This bias comes from my own position of having many years of experience in developing mobile devices. This drives a tremendous respect for what Apple did with the first iphone. Unless you have sweated out the pain of creating a new product entirely from scratch, you cannot possible know how hard and expensive it is. I feel that what was accomplished with that first device changed the world, and we are all better for it.

The following is going to get me in huge trouble, but I have a huge distaste for how Google treated Apple many years back, and my bias shows. Because I have had similar things happen to me in my companies. Eric Schmidt sat on Apples board and abused that position, and turned on a Google effort to knock off the iphone. People here will not agree with this, but any unbiased reading of history shows that this fact is not disputable. So I see disrespect in Google's treatment of the intellectual property of others.

As someone whose company lives and dies as a result of innovation and IP creation I just find this offensive. And it bothers me that most of the world cheers on when companies have their IP abused if it means they get something cheaper. That is a recipe for convincing businesses that they should not take the risk and innovate.

I don't think the creation of incremental software features and sticking larger screens on a product is innovation. And for the most part I feel that is what Google and Samsung do with their mobility efforts. With that said, I acknowledge that Google is now pushing the industry ahead with some of its efforts. I am going to reduce my posts and participation here, because I know that these opinions go against the grain of most members here. But given all these pro-Apple posts I have been making, I feel that I owe the people here an explanation.

One last thing. The whole concept of market share in phones is hugely misleading. You have to apply segmentation analysis for it to make any sense. Apple only competes in one segment, and that is the high end. Android has gained a lot more share at the low end, where it has obliterated Symbian. So to attack Apple's strategy due to perceived market share setbacks is off base in my view. No one else sells 10M phones in three days.
That's a fantastic reply. I mean it.

I'll just say that I don't don't base my hardware purchases on who may or may not have screwed a dead man over. Especially when said dead man pulled a far worse betrayal on Wozniak during the aftermath of his accident, stealing a company built on innovations he didn't conceive.

I generally just want the best device available to me, whoever makes it.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That's a fantastic reply. I mean it.

I'll just say that I don't don't base my hardware purchases on who may or may not have screwed a dead man over. Especially when said dead man pulled a far worse betrayal on Wozniak during the aftermath of his accident, stealing a company built on innovations he didn't conceive.

I generally just want the best device available to me, whoever makes it.

I do take into account more than the physical device itself. It's not the defining factor, but it can be a deciding one. But like you mention Jobs (and Apple for that matter) are by no means innocent in regards to stealing ideas, so in this case I believe that is a flawed argument. Both Google and Apple have stolen liberally from each other, and the iPhone was not as original as Lstream implies.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
To answer the original question:

I did, and quite honestly, it's one of the best devices I've owned.

Same, it's very smooth performance wise and I'm loving the notification widgets.

Only thing I can really pinpoint that not a fan of is that the camera sticks out, I'm always worrying that I'll scratch it when I rest it on a table ,need a case asap so I won't have to think about it any longer.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Same, it's very smooth performance wise and I'm loving the notification widgets.

Only thing I can really pinpoint that not a fan of is that the camera sticks out, I'm always worrying that I'll scratch it when I rest it on a table ,need a case asap so I won't have to think about it any longer.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

I have a TPU for now, but am awaiting Otterbox's release.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais