Who's running Stock/TouchWiz? Why?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not hating on TouchWiz in fact I give Samsung a lot of credit for the improvements.

I've been a fan of Nova Launcher for years and very rare for me to stick with OEM launchers, closes is OnePlus.

If you're sticking with TW, why? Is it simple as you can't simply bother, it's just a phone or just simply love it?

3Athlete

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I have no intentions of changing launchers for a while right now. I just came from a blackberry q10 and don't have a raging hate ***** for Samsung's native skin or Bixby for that matter. With the vitriol I've seen for both I have a good feeling things are being slightly overblown given how little people like change. If there is anything that really gets me in the next few months that another launcher can solve I have no issue with changing but I'm going to give them both a fair go. Admittedly I did immediately change to gboard so that I could use the swype to type feature and have a dark skinned keyboard.

Something that sort of confirmed that feeling is that there was a recent video with a comparison of Android P features and those on the s9+. Samsung already integrated quite a few of the features before they are going to make their way to stock Android. Doesn't seem that they are ignoring customer feedback or trying to enhance the user experience.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used nova since the S8+ The stock launcher is a lot smoother and uses less ram and battery life. (not including that second app Tesla for notifications) I like that it added the landscape mode for the home screen now also. It just keeps getting better and better. And it feels good not having all those hundreds of icon packs updating every day lol

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Currently running touchwiz launcher which is fine, only thing I miss is the integrated Google page on the left of the home screen. For now I'll keep TouchWiz launcher but most likely will eventually switch to Nova.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I like Samsungs launcher myself. Just like I prefer Samsungs apps over Google's. But that's the beauty of Android. Plenty of options for everyone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I see no value in not using stock since the 8+. Touch Wiz has evolved to being very good without bolting another UI layer on top. 9+ rocks with The Wiz.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I've used Nova, I've had the paid version for a few years, haven't used it since I got my Note 5. I see no reason to download it and have it run in place of Samsungs when it adds nothing I need. I don't use the gestures or most of the customization features.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
se9 has been pretty good so far. I usually use nova, but I'm giving it a chance for now. even using the samsung keyboard. they added gifs. which was pretty much why I was using board. we will see how it goes. it seems that everything just ties together a bit better using the stock apps.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I like stock. It's smooth & doesn't lag.

Instead of installing additional apps to replace what's already on the phone, I'd rather use my space for new apps.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I instantly started with Nova Launcher Prime but I'm going to give the stock launcher a go. I'll still be using Gboard and Textra so I can keep the dark themes I like there... Hopefully I'll enjoy using all the new Oreo features that my s7 didn't have with N.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I'm using an app (or 2 in multi-window), I don't see the home screen. Why should I put effort into customizing it? Besides, I can change themes & icons if I want on the default launcher.

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm using the stock TouchWiz.
Coming from an iPhone, this is my first Android phone and tbh I don't really understand the benefit of Nova Launcher (or any other launcher ftm). It seems that it only affects the homescreen, amirite? Maybe I'm missing something, so please feel free to school me on that, but the stock homescreen does everything I need and it runs super fast and smooth.
I actually like the stock keyboard better than gboard/swiftkey and the cursor control gesture is great. Only wish it had a dark theme...but that's not a big deal anyway.
I also prefer most of the stock Samsung apps over Google's.
Bottom line - for me this phone is really amazing right out of the box!
...and man I don't miss iOS.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I usually stick with the Nova Launcher. One of the things Ireally like is that Ican change the size of the home screen icons to my liking :)

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Been using stock Samsung Experience since the Note 7 and it's gotten so much better that I don't need another launcher. I keep my home screen simple with one page anyway and since Samsung now allows landscape mode on the home screen and previously enabled swipe down for notifications it's even better.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've used Nova Prime on my phones for the last few years. So far, on this 9plus I'm still on the stock UI and haven't found a reason to put Nova back on as of right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao