Why all android users look up to ios?

co1458

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think its gingerbread to blame. It was super choppy and outdated looking on my nexus s compared to my bros 4s. Now with the g nexus I say that race is finally over. I
If only the next nexus gets an upscale design like the razr or something then it'd be 100%

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm iPhone users dumping their phones for android ICS. I wonder if this will hurt apples stock in the near future?

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It's been said a million times before, iOS has the advantage on being on only a few pieces of hardware that Apple has full control of the whole UX. Android does not have that luxury. The curses and benefits of having android as an "Open Source" platform is that low end pieces of garbage can run it.

Frankly, Google needs to be a little less dogmatic about the open source thing and publish a higher minimum spec requirement for mobile devices.

FTR if I were to switch to another mobile os it would be WinPho7 not iOS. However, I will never make that switch.

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I specifically selected an Android tablet rather than an iPad. I had an iPod Touch and sold it because I got tired of trying to run everything through iTunes. Having said that, I have a friend with with an iPad that has the "Pages" word processor installed, and Pages beats the pants off of any word processor I've seen for the Android OS. As much as I prefer the control and customization of the Android, there are at least a few areas where it can't yet compete with the iPhone/iPad.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I look up to the I phone for many different reasons.

It's large screen size makes it a joy to view video.

All the different styles of the I phone to choose from.

The ability to install non market apps.

Customization and the way I can make it look and operate how I want it to.

The way, oh my bad wrong phone, never mind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I specifically selected an Android tablet rather than an iPad. I had an iPod Touch and sold it because I got tired of trying to run everything through iTunes. Having said that, I have a friend with with an iPad that has the "Pages" word processor installed, and Pages beats the pants off of any word processor I've seen for the Android OS. As much as I prefer the control and customization of the Android, there are at least a few areas where it can't yet compete with the iPhone/iPad.

That's up to app makers.

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's up to app makers.

Yes, that's mostly true. Apple had already some software running that could be ported over to iOS, and many Android apps started out being designed for small screen phones, so there's a natural lag. I would hope that Google is fast tracking some things like print drivers and porting some open source programs like AbiWord over to Android as fast as they can.

Although there is certainly no reason that Android can't do everything iOS does, my point is simply that's it's not quite there, yet. As Android catches up, I expect it will cut into more of Apple's sales. Until then, people will choose the platform that has the capabilities they need already working.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's mostly true. Apple had already some software running that could be ported over to iOS, and many Android apps started out being designed for small screen phones, so there's a natural lag. I would hope that Google is fast tracking some things like print drivers and porting some open source programs like AbiWord over to Android as fast as they can.

Although there is certainly no reason that Android can't do everything iOS does, my point is simply that's it's not quite there, yet. As Android catches up, I expect it will cut into more of Apple's sales. Until then, people will choose the platform that has the capabilities they need already working.

Android has the install numbers, but Android customers don't like to pay for apps. Android app developers have a powerful platform at their disposal but can't make enough money to make it worth putting in the effort.

Chicken/egg situation.

I hope Google beefs up Google Drive (the former Google Docs) to compete with Pages. Maybe they should take MOTOPRINT from Motorola and make that a part of the next version of Android.

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I personally have an iPod touch but I just switched to an android cell phone, now I really do like both platforms and use them equally (but i'm tipping more towards my android). The only reason I still use my iPod is because i got an older android (The Samsung Galaxy Q) and it tends to be quite sluggish at times, it can't upgrade past 2.2 (Froyo) but i'm still very happy with it. It doesn't have much internal memory, but I won't ramble on about whats bad about my phone, its a great phone to get introduced into android with and hope to upgrade to a newer model. I proverbially will stop using my iPod though. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo