Why can't I attach photos to my Gmail on Samsung A71?

Petrone

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
My mother recently got the Samsung A71, but struggles to attach a photo (regular captured photo) to her email (Gmail app - not the email app from the phone). At first it looks like it attached, but when it's busy sending the message appears "Attachment too large" and then the mail don't send. With her old phone (Huawei P20) she used send photos (similar to the ones she wanted to send now) via Gmail without any problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, can you confirm with your mother that she's talking about email and not text messaging? The file size limit is even smaller for MMS (about 1 MB).

Petrone

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Yes it is the Gmail app, not text messaging.

I'll have to check the size of the photos, but she never had the problem with her previous phone (it is regular captured photos - no editing or anything). For e.g. she have to take photos of the electricity meter monthly to send to the service provider. She sent it successfully with her old phone, but since she upgraded it keeps saying the attachment is too large (photo taken at the same spot as before, so it should be more or less the same size than the photo taken the previous month)?