Why does it slow to a crawl after 1am?

supremedalek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Why does my tablet slow to a crawl late at night, usually after 1am? I mean ridiculously painfully slow- it can take several full minutes for the Settings to load, for example, or several full minutes of tapping an app icon over and over before it even highlights, let alone loads. I use Appkiller, I run the anti-virus, and there's a strong wifi signal too- nothing helps at all. But then the next morning it's fine.

Is there some hidden maintainence going on at around 1am? Or updates? There's no indication of any updates happening. I can't find anything in any of the menus or settings about scheduled maintainence either.

Sometimes I can play videos off a thumb drive, but anything online is absolutely hopeless. I love the tablet the rest of the time, especially since it's one of the few tablets with a full-sized fully functional USB port. So what happens to it at night?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It could be that some of your apps are programed to sync at that specific time and they are using most of your phone resources and Internet connection. Check the sync settings in your gallery apps, uploading your media files to your cloud storage can be a heavy task. Also, disable your app killer temporarily and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes this kind of apps can make more harm than good and maybe it's killing a sync process running in the background and Android keeps restarting it in a crazy loop.

supremedalek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
By gallery apps, you mean my photos? I went into settings for every app but couldn't find anything about sync-ing. Also tried stopping the app killer but it didn't help. What could be happening from 1-2am every night to slow it down so much? I can never tell what's running on an Android device because there's no full disclosure like there is on Windows. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer Windows to Android now! Android needs a task manager that shows you EVERYTHING that's running. Too much is kept secret from the user, and I don't like it!