Why does this samsung phone record my audio extremely low in bandlab.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Im using the exact same headphones with the exact same project settings in the app but on my Motorola phone the recording is fine but as soon as i go over to this samsung its sucks. This shouldnt be a thing this phone is brand new and already is trash.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Headphones have nothing to do with audio input (recording audio), they're used to listen to audio output. So they're not too involved in what your problem might be. The good part is they are a constant, using the same listening device rules out differences that will be inherent if you were to be using headphones for one and earbuds for another as an example.
You also referred to '...exact same project settings in the app...' so that's also a constant.

But the fact that one phone is a Motorola phone and the other a Samsung phone will involve some major differences in how each one records and processes audio signals. And since we don't know which models are involved nor which versions of Android neither phone is running adds even more unanswered questions. But that aside, the are going to be distinct differences in the hardware configuration of both phones (different audio chips, different microphone modules, different USB modules if you're using an external microphone) and in how both phones are configured from a software standpoint (both phones will be using different amounts of hardware vs software encoding/decoding as an example). So while your headphones and the BandLab app are the constants, there's going to be a big difference between the two phones from both a hardware and a software aspect. You're ability to tweak the hardware is very limited but with software be sure to look into the Settings menu of the BankLab app, and your Samsung phone's Settings >> Audio menu for anything that might relate to the lower audio recording levels.