Why is my Stylo6 still glitching after repairs

613jolie

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
My boyfriend cracked the screen on his Stylo 6. The phone wouldn't respond correctly to his touch and the notification bar would slide down on its own. He threw the phone, it hit the wall so hard it left marks on the wall. I changed the front lcd screen, back panel and the frame. The phone is still not responding correctly. Would changing the motherboard fix it? I don't know what else I could change. Could he have damaged the motherboard and would that cause it to glitch? I love the Stylo line and don't want to throw it plus I don't have the money to buy a new phone. What else could cause the glitching? Could I have bought a bad screen? I know I did the repairs correctly. The phone turns on and I can use it but the bad touch response has me wanting to throw it at the wall too. What else can I do? Help please!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

If the touch was not working before the wall-throwing, changing the entire display ought to have fixed it, but only assuming that the problem was caused by the digitiser and not something else, such as a newly-fitted screen protector. How sure are you of your diagnosis?
There may of course be other damage following the throwing.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
To fix it correctly you'll need to take it to a professional, there's a ton of things that could be wrong after hitting the wall. Your best option would be to buy a new phone versus putting more money into his Stylo 6.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If the motherboard is damaged, thenn the phone is probably beyond economical repair, You don't want to be throwing good money after bad, so as painful as it may be, the best option is probably a new phone.

Sounds like you could also do with a replacement boyfriend, to be honest.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The odds are that entire phone is for the most part 'totaled'. Simply because you had the physically apparent items replaced, that's only part of the problem. The internal components are equally vital and are just likely to be damaged, and it's not going to get better, things will deteriorate. If his actions did that much damage on the outside, the logic board on the inside is probably in bad shape too.
-- Hopefully your boyfriend paid those costs to repair the phone. It was his actions and therefore his responsibility.
-- Hopefully he will cover the costs to replace that permanently damaged phone when you get a new one to replace it
-- Given the damage that was done to the phone, just offhand whatever repair center you took that phone to has questionable ethics. The phone was apparently really banged up so fixing up just the parts that are outwardly visible while ignoring the internals was a bit of a dodgy way to extract money from you. They had to know there was a lot of other issues involved, fleecing you to repair just part of the problem is a bad practice. I'd recommend you a) just get a new phone, you're going to just be tossing more and more money into this permanently damaged phone, and b) for future needs, go elsewhere for any phone repairs.