Why is the task bar at the top of my screen showing that my location function is turned on...

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This just started and it's never happened before. The Location notification icon in the top right part of the bar is lit (between the Bluetooth icon and the wifi icon). The dropdown tool bar says it's off, unlit, not turned on, nada. In the Settings app, Location is also turned off, and *nothing* has permission to use it. Phone is fully charged, although I can't see why that should matter.

I've been using this phone for a little over a month and haven't ever turned location on. (I use my old phone for Google maps in the car.)

Everything else works same as always.

Thanks for any ideas.
Sfrrr

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why is my task bar at the top of my screen showing that my location function is turned on when E

This just started and it's never happened before. The Location notification icon in the top right part of the bar is lit (between the Bluetooth icon and the wifi icon). The dropdown tool bar says it's off, unlit, not turned on, nada. In the Settings app, Location is also turned off, and *nothing* has permission to use it. Phone is fully charged, although I can't see why that should matter.

I've been using this phone for a little over a month and haven't ever turned location on. (I use my old phone for Google maps in the car.)

Everything else works same as always.

Thanks for any ideas.
Sfrrr
Does Location show when you run your phone in Safe Mode for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB817AzljsA

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is my task bar at the top of my screen showing that my location function is turned on when E

I'm such an *****! I didn't do a hard reboot before posting my query here. A plain hard reboot did it. I didn't get as far as safe mode. I'll save it for if/when it happens again. Thanks,
Sfrrr

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm such an *****! I didn't do a hard reboot before posting my query here. A plain hard reboot did it. I didn't get as far as safe mode. I'll save it for if/when it happens again. Thanks,
Sfrrr
Are you using a live wallpaper? I've seen other people reporting a similar issue and that was the culprit.

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site

Sfrrr

Have the same issue 2-3 times the past 10 days, I re boot the phone and its gone!