wifi keeps cutting in and out

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the wifi on my transformer keeps cutting in and out. I'm within 10 feet of the router - haven't had any problems with other devices - incredible - desktop- laptop - etc - Can't even sign into amazon app store because it keeps refreshing. Could it be an encryption setting?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it cutting out when you're using it or when the screen goes off? (like is it cutting out if you are streaming something, or only if it goes idle)

I noticed that the transformer is pretty quick to disconnect from the internet once my screen goes off, but I haven't had any issues with it disconnecting when I needed it. You can change the wifi settings so that it will always stay on, but this will kill your battery since the device will never go to sleep.

If you're having issues with it disconnecting when the screen is on, try erasing that network from the tablet memory and then resetting it.

Also, do you have any Mac's connected to your wifi network? I always notice when my brother visits with his macbook pro it plays hell with my wifi connection on other devices. I have no idea why this is.

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
that's so much for your quick response and help. I tried on one of those other forums and they just told me to buy a new router. (BTW Netgear less than 4 months old)

no I have wifi always on and am having that issue - no Apple products around - tips on erasing that network?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
that's so much for your quick response and help. I tried on one of those other forums and they just told me to buy a new router. (BTW Netgear less than 4 months old)

no I have wifi always on and am having that issue - no Apple products around - tips on erasing that network?

If you go into your wifi settings you should see your network listed. long press on the network and you'll get a pop up window that asks if you want to modify or forget it.

Select forget. Then scan again and enter your password. If that doesn't work, try connecting it to another network and see if you have the same issue. If you're having the same issue on multiple networks, chances are good that there is some issue with your device, either software or hardware.. If it connects fine to those other networks, you might just need to edit your router settings.

What security encryption do you use on your router? WEP/WPA2 etc?

ragebunny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this problem. I have a problem with the wifi sometimes doesn't reconnect after the screen has gone off. I have to turn wifi off and on again and it works.

Have you tried the transformer with a different router? Maybe a friend or neighbors wifi connection? If it keeps happening with a different wifi zone then you know its the transformer and not the router. Also try turning all the wireless devices off in your house and the use it see if anything changes?

Good luck buddy.

mayenorma

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The only way is : download this app and change your IP address . The app called DNS Setting

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.daingo.dnssetting%3A&token=hJDzNm9l)

- - - Updated - - -

the wifi on my transformer keeps cutting in and out. I'm within 10 feet of the router - haven't had any problems with other devices - incredible - desktop- laptop - etc - Can't even sign into amazon app store because it keeps refreshing. Could it be an encryption setting?

The only way is : download this app and change your IP address . The app called DNS Setting

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daingo.dnssetting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54