WIFI Resume Issue

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I received the Honeycomb 3.2 update, when I turn on the tab after it's been "sleeping" it will not connect or recognize any wireless network. I have to disable and then re-enable wifi for it to connect to any network. I was hoping that this issue would be fixed with the 4.04 update, but it was not. Is any one else experiencing this? Any idea how to fix it? I haven't defaulted my Tab yet, but I fear I may have to try that.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same but it reconnects automatically within 10-15 seconds once it gets woke up again.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
When you say "sleeping", does that mean the tab is on, but just the screen is off?
Or do you also disable wifi?
I have mine set for the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but everything else
is still the same as if it's being used. Never any problems with wifi.
If I manually disable wifi, and then I re-enable it, it connects within a few seconds.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
When you say "sleeping", does that mean the tab is on, but just the screen is off?
Or do you also disable wifi?
I have mine set for the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but everything else
is still the same as if it's being used. Never any problems with wifi.
If I manually disable wifi, and then I re-enable it, it connects within a few seconds.

I mean that I don't disable wifi and push the power button to turn off the screen. If you I wake up the tab within an hour, wifi will automatically turn on and reconnect. If I come back a few hours later, the wifi indicator says that it's on, but it won't connect to anything. At which point I disable and re-enable wifi and it connects right away.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I mean that I don't disable wifi and push the power button to turn off the screen. If you I wake up the tab within an hour, wifi will automatically turn on and reconnect. If I come back a few hours later, the wifi indicator says that it's on, but it won't connect to anything. At which point I disable and re-enable wifi and it connects right away.

Ok, got it.
If I'm not going to use the tab for a few hours, I turn it off and put it on the charger. I like having a full charge, because when I sit down to use it, I can easily spend 4-5 hours.
Tonight I'll leave it on, but screen only off, over night with a full charge.
I'll see if wifi is still connected. Also a good way to check battery consumption when it's in that state.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Just thought of something.
Anyone using power saving mode? If so, check your settings.
One of the options is wifi off when not connected.
Mine is set for power saving to kick in at 50% battery level, and I'm probably using it
when power saving starts so I want wifi on, of course.
So, check your settings.
Also, if you make any changes to power saving, be sure to tap "done" at the top of the
screen. I keep missing that, and wonder why my settings don't stick.
Sheesh.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I received the Honeycomb 3.2 update, when I turn on the tab after it's been "sleeping" it will not connect or recognize any wireless network. I have to disable and then re-enable wifi for it to connect to any network. I was hoping that this issue would be fixed with the 4.04 update, but it was not. Is any one else experiencing this? Any idea how to fix it? I haven't defaulted my Tab yet, but I fear I may have to try that.

Mine did that also with honeycomb. When it was upgraded to ICS the problem automagically went away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky