Will all Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protectors have this "Halo" effect?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow it does .... I guess for this those curves kind of suck ... They feel sexy though.

I wonder if they plan to fix it? Hm.... @felloffthetruck -- Did you try asking them about it?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I purchased 6 glass screen protectors. 2 from invellop (they didnt even cover the usable part of the screen completely and issued me a refund). 2 from orzly (halo effect). 2 from tech armor (Halo affect but they demand to see a picture of it and I tell them that my only camera is the Note 4 so i cant provide one). I even bought regualr PET fil screen protectors. None fit at tall.

haha so that was YOUR review i just read on amazon lmao

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
and i honestly can't beleive some companies saying "oh we just leanred it's a curved screen."

REALLY? the 2.5d screen tech has been mentioned since november. are these companies blindly manufactoring product without even a dummy device to base it off of? crazy.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
When they say they're "fixing" it, I will bet you that they are just making it smaller so it only covers the flat part.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The Spigen seems to fit the best since it's intentionally smaller than the screen but it still isn't perfect, hopefully spigen handles it well an I won't have to use the amazon a-g guarantee thing, I ordered 3 glas tr slims and I'm not gonna ship it back on my dime.

Last edited:

tbocfo

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought the invelop on amazon, it is a little narrow compared to the usable screen but barely. No hallo effect because it does not cover all the way to the edges. It'll do for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well iloome glass screen protector has curve corners and it will be on sale on the 20th I ordered mine last week should get it by the 23rd.....
Wow...iloome with the very clever solution here! Not even Spigen had this idea! Way to go, iloome!!!! Gotta look into this. Might be the perfect solution for my Note 4. I ordered some plastic screen protectors last night, but would rather have tempered glass like my Note 3.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Wow. That would be awesome if it is.. I've tried tons of glass screen protectors on 2.5D screens after seeing the "curved" edges, but all of them were flat on the bottom.. I will buy this one if it truly fits edge to edge.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered an iloome as well. I am inclined to think they might have the best shot at a "proper" fit. But I really won't know until I have the phone and the screen protector and try it.

Really phone accessories to me are much like aftermarket car accessory manufacturers. The phone/car manufacturer spends thousands of man hours to design and spec each component of their end product and the aftermarket accessory manufactures might spend a few hundred man hours if that. Much of what they do is take their basic technology and apply it to the specific car or phone. We need their stuff but much of what we are left doing often comes down to trial and error. Not complaining. It is what it is.

My expectation has always been that I might have to poke around a bit and try a few things to get stuff I like especially if I am a relatively early adopter.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Why would they only make the top part round knowing that the whole screen of the note 4 is round this doesn't make any sense???? I will wait to see it myself when I get it next week

jtaclas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, ordered the Spigen Crystal, and it looked hideous. Going without a screen protector right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83