Will somebody please tell me exactly how to root my Samsung Galaxy J7 2016?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So far, not one of the ways I've read on how to do it has worked. I've tried it with PC and one click. Dozens of times and have read many peoples posts but nothing, no luck. I'd like an answer from someone who has actually successfully rooted it themselves and not tell me something they've heard from someone else. I've wasted hours reading and trying to root this phone, but to no avail. Thank you I hope someone can help me!

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will somebody please tell me exactly how to root my samsung galaxy j7 2016?

I have never owned a Samsung J7, but in case no one else provides better suggestions, you're suggested to search it online with the details about the exact model, OS version and the carrier. It is known that some carriers lock the bootloader of their devices so that users won't be able to root it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

So far, not one of the ways I've read on how to do it has worked. I've tried it with PC and one click. Dozens of times and have read many peoples posts but nothing, no luck. I'd like an answer from someone who has actually successfully rooted it themselves and not tell me something they've heard from someone else. I've wasted hours reading and trying to root this phone, but to no avail. Thank you I hope someone can help me!
Hi, if you can register a account here, I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Depending on the model - you have to be able to unlock the bootloader in Developer options - you can install Magisk. (Those would be model numbers J710F, J710FN, J710M or J710MN.) Download both Magisk itself and the Magisk manager. (You'll have to install the binary through recovery.) You'll probably also want TWRP. (If it's the non-bootloader-unlockable version, no TWRP and no Magisk. You can try the second method at https://itechify.com/2016/05/22/root-samsung-galaxy-j7-2016/, but I can't vouch for it.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter