Will the Nexus 5X work on Verizon?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My biggest question about the 5x and 6p for Verizon isnt whether or not the phone supports their radio bands, but if it supports ALL of them. I have done a bit of browsing on the supported frequencies vs the frequencies verizon uses and to me it looked like one of verizon's lower frequency bands is ommited from the supported lists on the new Nexi. Maybe there was some misinformation at play, or whether or not that is a big deal is to be seen, but I would hate to put money down on a new nexus, go through the painstaking crap that is going to be to put the phone on their network only to lack connectivity in some certain areas that lower frequency band is being used.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My biggest question about the 5x and 6p for Verizon isnt whether or not the phone supports their radio bands, but if it supports ALL of them. I have done a bit of browsing on the supported frequencies vs the frequencies verizon uses and to me it looked like one of verizon's lower frequency bands is ommited from the supported lists on the new Nexi. Maybe there was some misinformation at play, or whether or not that is a big deal is to be seen, but I would hate to put money down on a new nexus, go through the painstaking crap that is going to be to put the phone on their network only to lack connectivity in some certain areas that lower frequency band is being used.

What band are you specifically talking about?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. I had to look again. I believe it's the CDMA 800 band.

EDIT: Here are my sources:
Nexus 5X VS Nexus 6P: All The Differences To Help You Decide Which One To Pick
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Wireless

It looks like my Google-foo failed me. It seems all frequencies used by verizon currently are indeed supported.
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

They show all their bands in the store.

6P - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/us/category/phones?hl=en-US&token=WR2XwLdn
5X - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/us/category/phones?hl=en-US&token=WR2XwLdn

Scroll down near the bottom and click "Full feature and specs". From there you can go to the Network section and see it all :).

tadnishida

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Sadly the more important question is will Verizon "let" it work on Verizon's network. Having seen Verizon from both sides it would not surprise me if they prevent it. I await actual user confirmation before I get excited.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty confident it'll work on Verizon. They seem to be taking a different tack as a company. See this article http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/25/verizon-simplifies-bringing-your-own-phone/ . My brother hasn't had any problems with his Moto X PE on VZW.

Also one of the Google presenters last week did say it would work on all major US networks. Pretty sure they wouldn't just make that up without having first confirmed it with those major networks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sadly the more important question is will Verizon "let" it work on Verizon's network. Having seen Verizon from both sides it would not surprise me if they prevent it. I await actual user confirmation before I get excited.

They won't prevent it.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the DROID Maxx uses a nano Sim? Currently have this phone on Verizon. Just wondering if I got the 5x I would just take out the sim from my Droid and pop into the 5x. Thanks!

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the DROID Maxx uses a nano Sim? Currently have this phone on Verizon. Just wondering if I got the 5x I would just take out the sim from my Droid and pop into the 5x. Thanks!

Yes, the maxx is a nano sim.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just called and had my Nexus 5x activated , they view the device as the LG-H790. My G4 had a micro sim and I hacked it up trying to cut it down to fit in the 5x. They sent me a sim free of charge. I guess they do recognize and support the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucike8